XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question :D

Tip us?

danielbulan97
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Question :D

Hellooo everybody, Im so happy that im getting a S5 at the end of this week ... but i keep asking myself,,, I could choose between S5 or Note3. I chose S5 because its smaller,has the fingerprint scanner, new CPU and IP67 certified, im a little sad cuz there are only 2 gigs of ram but without further due, Did I made the right choice ? I mean I like the note 3 too, big screen perfect for games but its a little too big xD In the most tine i think i will use the phone to play games or surf the internet. Right choice or not and why

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Carrier? Unlimited Data? Root desired immediately?

declan8888
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbulan97 View Post
Hellooo everybody, Im so happy that im getting a S5 at the end of this week ... but i keep asking myself,,, I could choose between S5 or Note3. I chose S5 because its smaller,has the fingerprint scanner, new CPU and IP67 certified, im a little sad cuz there are only 2 gigs of ram but without further due, Did I made the right choice ? I mean I like the note 3 too, big screen perfect for games but its a little too big xD In the most tine i think i will use the phone to play games or surf the internet. Right choice or not and why
If the notes too big for you then you certainly did make the correct decision.

The 2GB ram doesn't concern me too much as the phones lightning quick anyway, and the IP67 and fingerprint scanner had me sold!

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to declan8888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danielbulan97
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
Carrier? Unlimited Data? Root desired immediately?
Unlocked and I think I will root it immediately xD

What do you mean by ''Unlimited Data''?

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Do you not have a carrier for your Device? Verizon, Tmobile, ATT. Etc? Some carriers do not have a Rootable S5 YET. And I was asking if you had unlimited data, which if you do not have a carrier, chances are you do not. lol

danielbulan97
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
Do you not have a carrier for your Device? Verizon, Tmobile, ATT. Etc? Some carriers do not have a Rootable S5 YET. And I was asking if you had unlimited data, which if you do not have a carrier, chances are you do not. lol
Bought the phone from Italy, No carrier.

degast
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbulan97 View Post
Bought the phone from Italy, No carrier.
Go for the S5, Note 3 is way too big for a lot of things. For me: I sometimes like to browse with 1 hand, on the S5 this is manageable (even without the small-screen feature).
currently using: Samsung Galaxy S5
Stock 4.4.2

2013-2014: Samsung Galaxy Ace
2011-2013: LG Optimus 2X
2009-2011: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
2008-2009: HTC Touch Diamond
2007-2008: Nokia 6500 Slide

The Following User Says Thank You to degast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]