Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,949 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick List of Gripes

Tip us?

calvin35
Old
Thanks Meter 49
This probably means nothing but a tried out a lot of S5's before buying and I found that the black one always outperformed the white one. It wasn't by a huge margin but it was noticeable to me.

composi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin35 View Post
This probably means nothing but a tried out a lot of S5's before buying and I found that the black one always outperformed the white one. It wasn't by a huge margin but it was noticeable to me.

i do have a white one and everyone i know that raves about their S5 (4 people) all have black ones....again, not saying that theres a difference but who knows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Fab Five

Samsung Galaxy S5 [AT&T] | Moto X [AT&T] | iPad Mini with Retina [AT&T] | iPad Air [AT&T] | Samsung Galaxy S4 [AT&T]

RIP: HTC Mytouch 3G | LG Optimus T | LG Ally | Samsung Transform | HTC Evo 3D | Motorola Droid Razr | HTC One X | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Google Nexus 7 [WiFi] | iPad Air [WiFi] | HTC One | Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Daxxer2007
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Vortex View Post
I haven't seen any lag like anything described in the OP.

This is my first Samsung device ever so I'm not a fanboy. It's just as fast and responsive as the M8 I played with in Best Buy before ordering this phone. Now having said that, while I have all my apps installed I haven't deviated from the stock home screens yet and I'm using all the stock apps except the video player, which I've substituted with MX Player.

Oh, I'm also using Screebl Pro so may be why I don't have my screen shutting off in the middle of videos.

If I were the OP, I'd swap that phone out...for anything else. I wouldn't put up with that from a flagship device.
There isnt a need for screeble when you check the box for screen stays on while looking at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dark_Vortex
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxxer2007 View Post
There isnt a need for screeble when you check the box for screen stays on while looking at it.
I haven't gotten that far yet, plus I use my phone sometimes in bed late at night. Is it good enough to be able to tell you're looking at the screen in total darkness?

It's on the list of things to try out, though.

composi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
so i installed Nova Prime and the Google keyboard and now the only things that annoy me are the lag when opening/exiting the camera and sometimes when i open my S-View case it stays black anywhere from 2-10 seconds...at least my homescreen and keyboard dont bother me anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Fab Five

Samsung Galaxy S5 [AT&T] | Moto X [AT&T] | iPad Mini with Retina [AT&T] | iPad Air [AT&T] | Samsung Galaxy S4 [AT&T]

RIP: HTC Mytouch 3G | LG Optimus T | LG Ally | Samsung Transform | HTC Evo 3D | Motorola Droid Razr | HTC One X | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Google Nexus 7 [WiFi] | iPad Air [WiFi] | HTC One | Samsung Galaxy Note 3

viewsonic11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Do you have an old SD card in it? The same thing happened to me when I picked up my phone. It lagged bad when swiping through apps and lag when switching apps. I was about to bring it back but I did a factory reset and including data and removed my old SD card. I thought maybe it was reading something off it that was making it have trouble. When it turned on it was just what I expected. Extremely smooth and no lag whatsoever.

composi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Actually, yeah, I do. I'll give that a try. I appreciate the tip. Sucks though cuz everything is on there and i till only have 5gb left internally

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
The Fab Five

byte9
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
So far from what I can tell we can't change the lock screen widgets at all? I found this thread by searching for dashclock.

It's a REAL downer that it seems there is 0 way to use widgets on the lockscreen other than what's there.

Am i missing something?