[GUIDE] UPDATING TO MARCH 2012 Baseband[LG Update] [Win7]

Search This thread

ilmcgee

May 9, 2013
I know this is an old thread, but it's either post here or start a new one. I decided to update the baseband, don't really know why. Was trying to run eaglesblood, it installed fine firtst time and then I tried wiping and reinstalling with no gapps. Well I could never get cell service after the first time, but that's another problem now. After updating to the new baseband, I no longer have CWM and cannot flash it, nvflash fail each time in windows and ubuntu. Always says nvflash invalid program or something. I'm using the same computer and usb cord that I used last time and I only use this particular cord for flashing, so it should be good. Any ideas.

Pseast

Apr 28, 2014
Right baseband?

I'm a slight noob. I've recently flashed Hellfire Sandwhich 1.9. After a few hiccups, updates, power cycles and permission repairs it works quite smoothly. I realized then that my baseband is still July 2011. I've always had gps issues; not working if no data connection, sometimes not at all and sometimes my phone is laggy no matter what rom.

My questions are:

Is this baseband compatible with Hellfire Sandwhich 1.9?

Can phone's laginess be due to outdated baseband?

Do I have to downgrade rom to install? Anyway I leave current modded rom and install?

Thanks.

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas
I'm a slight noob. I've recently flashed Hellfire Sandwhich 1.9. After a few hiccups, updates, power cycles and permission repairs it works quite smoothly. I realized then that my baseband is still July 2011. I've always had gps issues; not working if no data connection, sometimes not at all and sometimes my phone is laggy no matter what rom.

My questions are:

Do I have to downgrade rom to install? Anyway I leave current modded rom and install?

Thanks.

Yes the july baseband is compatible. Its the march one that requires a fix to work.

Phones laginess is due to lack of hardware acceleration and/or all the hacks used just to make it functional.

Honestly there is no benefit to upgrading baseband, and it breaks Bluetooth calling. Stick with july, save up some money, upgrade phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Pseast

Pseast

Apr 28, 2014
Yes the july baseband is compatible. Its the march one that requires a fix to work.

Phones laginess is due to lack of hardware acceleration and/or all the hacks used just to make it functional.

Honestly there is no benefit to upgrading baseband, and it breaks Bluetooth calling. Stick with july, save up some money, upgrade phone.

Great. Thanks for the reply!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Like many T-Mobile G2x users i got seriously fed up with the poor gps K on the phone. When i first got my phone, after i rooted it I tried many of the roms here on the development forum but none of them could fix the gps locking issue. IN the past few days, the phone could not even "view" satellites at all. I was running the JUL 2011 baseband at the time. However after digging around, I went ahead and updated from the LG website with their update software. now my current baseband is M6600A-SCAUTNZ-2.0.9720T 1 [MAR 11 2012 10:00:00] MP:TRULGE_08.09.02R-MDM and gps functionality comletely came back. I have a lock under 1 min, the phone still works for calls/text, and data still works.

I ran this process on a computer with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. After the LG update completes it will revert the phone to stock recovery.

Here is a step by step of what I did. Please read everything first before doing the steps.

1. Use TGA_Gunman's guide to restoring a stock Nandroid OS that is unrooted. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1048274
    A Stock ROM (v21e, v10f, or possibly others) is required for the "LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL" to work. Either from a personal backup or downloaded. Recovery version doesn't matter, but suggested to have latest CWM to make Nandroid backups & restores easier.

2. (optional) After you boot into the system link your google accounts, just as you would when opening a phone for the first time.

3.Visit LG's Website and download the T-Mobile LG G2x software update tool.
    http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-P999 (click on the software update tab and follow the 4 steps)

4.After installing LG Update software on your computer, run it, and follow the steps it tells you exactly.

5.Have PATIENCE! This will take around 15 min. and patience is the key. Let it sit there and do it's thing. Make sure your computer doesn't turn off or go into standby during the process and don't disconnect your USB cable until the installer is at its last step and its tells you it's done with the update.

6. Enjoy your functional gps!

P.S.: Thanks to everyone for the helpful feedback and tips to making this guide better!
    If you are looking to downgrade your baseband or have unknown baseband error check out xBkKx's guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1680292

EDIT 06/2/2012:
    The CM7 RC3 update has been verified that it will work with the new March 2012 baseband. If you wish to update to the rc3, apply a "dirty flash" of the 27th nightly update after it (this resolves the gps locking time back to a couple of seconds again).

CM7 RC3 Update link : http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get...t/archive/update-cm-7.2.0-RC3-p999-signed.zip
    CM7 27th Nightly Build: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/jenkins/1991/update-cm-7-20120527-NIGHTLY-p999-signed.zip
    Thanks for the guide. A few clarifications to the OP would make things easier & clearer for new users & prevent the same old questions being re-asked & answered. Maybe this can be the one post everyone links to & stickied.

1. A Stock ROM (v21e, v10f, or possibly others) is required for the "LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL" to work. Either from a personal backup or downloaded. Recovery version doesn't matter, but suggested to have latest CWM to make Nandroid backups & restores easier.

2. Step 2, I don't think linking to google accounts is necessary, unless the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL does a check, which seems odd. So eliminating this step & simplifying is good idea.

3. Maybe list current ROMs that work with the new Baseband, which are currently only: v21y stock, CM7 Rc3 or nightly 05-27 & later. All other modded ROMs, CM7 & CM9 based do NOT work as of 06-01.
    I just Googled how to do it using like 6 different guides :/ I edited my thread on iso help on it with what worked for me if you want to try it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1680292

V21E/2.3.3 Mirrors, just restore it, connect phone to computer, run updater, should go smoothly :):
    Dropbox
    MediaFire
    RapidShare

LGupdate.jpg
    I also updated from rooted stock (xboarders 2.3.3). I didn't go back to stock recovery. I just ran the LG updater (already had drivers installed), plugged in the phone, hit the update button, and let it do it's thing. It took about 20 minutes

I'm confused about all of the confusion. :confused:

XDA Mobile

My questions are:

Thanks.