Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't install CM 11 Error Status 7 WifiRf Model

Tip us?
 
jazzvel
Old
(Last edited by jazzvel; 28th April 2014 at 08:34 PM.) Reason: typo
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Tablet [Q] Can't install CM 11 Error Status 7 WifiRf Model

I have the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Wifi & rf Model

First time "rooting a device". And now I'm trying to install a rom with no success PLEASE HELP ME
First, i rooted the tablet with CF-Auto-Root from ChainFire http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957165
Everything went great. I checked with root checker and i got root access.
Later I installed via Odin GT-P5110_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.26.1.tar.md5 http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14129 from Android-Andi
Then i started on recovery mode, wipe data factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and tried to install the
cm-11-20140426-UNOFFICIAL-p5110.zip http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14141 that I had on the sd card

But i get this error...
This package is for "p5110, gt-5110,p5113,GT-P5113, espresso10wifi,espresso10wifixx" devices"; this is a espresso10rf".
Should i be looking for another version of the ROM? Or what am I doing wrong?
Can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!
 
CSP III
Old
#2  
CSP III's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 612
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzvel View Post
I have the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Wifi & rf Model

First time "rooting a device". And now I'm trying to install a rom with no success PLEASE HELP ME
First, i rooted the tablet with CF-Auto-Root from ChainFire http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957165
Everything went great. I checked with root checker and i got root access.
Later I installed via Odin GT-P5110_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.26.1.tar.md5 from Android-Andi
Then i started on recovery mode, wipe data factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and tried to install the cm-11-20140426-UNOFFICIAL-p5100.zip that i had on the sd card

But i get this error...
This package is for "p5110, gt-5110,p5113,GT-P5113, espresso10wifi,espresso10wifixx" devices"; this is a espresso10rf".
Should i be looking for another version of the ROM? Or what am I doing wrong?
Can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!
Looks like you flashed a 5100 Rom on a 5110 or 5113 tab. Check your model number carefully before proceeding and thenyou need to use the ROM that is specific to your tab model. If you have a model GTP5100 then only 5100 Rom. If you have 5110 or 5113 model then you may use a 5110 or 5113 Rom. Those 2 (5110/5113) are basically interchangeable. Be careful and make sure you are using correct version as you may brick your device if not.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSP III For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jazzvel
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP III View Post
Looks like you flashed a 5100 Rom on a 5110 or 5113 tab. Check your model number carefully before proceeding and thenyou need to use the ROM that is specific to your tab model. If you have a model GTP5100 then only 5100 Rom. If you have 5110 or 5113 model then you may use a 5110 or 5113 Rom. Those 2 (5110/5113) are basically interchangeable. Be careful and make sure you are using correct version as you may brick your device if not.
Oh my bad, there was a typo on my post the name of the file I fixed it and added the links to the places where i got the files.

So yeah, I used the correct one the 5110 that is supposed to work with the 5113.

And well, the result is that I have a rooted tablet with the GT-P5110_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.26.1 But Can't install the CM 11...
Any Help will be much appreciated
 
CSP III
Old
#4  
CSP III's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 612
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzvel View Post
Oh my bad, there was a typo on my post the name of the file I fixed it and added the links to the places where i got the files.

So yeah, I used the correct one the 5110 that is supposed to work with the 5113.

And well, the result is that I have a rooted tablet with the GT-P5110_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.26.1 But Can't install the CM 11...
Any Help will be much appreciated
Try one of Android Andi's CM11 Unofficial builds.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2571498 Personally, I never have luck with the nightlies.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSP III For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jazzvel
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP III View Post
Try one of Android Andi's CM11 Unofficial builds.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2571498 Personally, I never have luck with the nightlies.
and that is what I tried
Quote:
Then i started on recovery mode, wipe data factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvic cache and tried to install the
cm-11-20140426-UNOFFICIAL-p5110.zip
if I have the Philz-touch recovery, if I flash another recovery via Oidn will philz-touch recovery will be replaced? Can I do that without messing my tablet?
And then try to install the unofficial cm 11 again?
 
Android-Andi
Old
#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,213
Posts: 4,927
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzvel View Post
But i get this error...
This package is for "p5110, gt-5110,p5113,GT-P5113, espresso10wifi,espresso10wifixx" devices"; this is a espresso10rf".
Should i be looking for another version of the ROM? Or what am I doing wrong?
Can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!
You flashed P5100 Recovery . I just checked my files, no derp on my side

Re-Download the correct recovery for you device and flash it using Odin.
Now youŽll be able to flash the right rom for your device.
Devices:
P3110
I8190
OnePlus One


My 50 Cent

Omni Rom (official/unofficial) for P31XX and P51XX
and SM-T31X (unofficial)

SlimRom-Team Member
SlimKat for P31XX and P51XX and SM-T31X (unofficial) and I8190 (unofficial)


TWRP 2.8.0.x & CWM 6.0.5.0 & PhilZ Touch P31XX and P51XX

I8190 PhilZ Touch ;TWRP 2.8.0.x ; CWM 6.0.5.0

NEXT Kernel - Dual Boot for I8190

Download all my files (Kernel, Recoveries and ROMs) on www.androidfilehost.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jazzvel
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi View Post
You flashed P5100 Recovery . I just checked my files, no derp on my side

Re-Download the correct recovery for you device and flash it using Odin.
Now youŽll be able to flash the right rom for your device.
Thanks for your answer.

So I can just flash the correct one and it will overwrite the existing one? Or do i have to uninstall first?
 
jazzvel
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default No Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi View Post
You flashed P5100 Recovery . I just checked my files, no derp on my side

Re-Download the correct recovery for you device and flash it using Odin.
Now youŽll be able to flash the right rom for your device.
I get no mirrors for this download. But I do with any other downloads you have there.
GT-P5110_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.26.1.tar.md5

Or could I install the .zip with Odin?
GT-P5110_PhilZ-Touch-Recovery_6.26.1.zip
 
Android-Andi
Old
#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,213
Posts: 4,927
Join Date: Mar 2013
no @jazzvel you can not use the zip (not without modification to flash it from current recovery).... i did that four you.

Download attached "recovery-tab2.zip"
copy it to your internal Storage or MicroSD
boot your recovery
flash the "recovery-tab2.zip"
reboot your recovery to take affect!

DONŽT USE ATTACHED ZIP ON OTHER DEVICES - P511X ONLY!
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery-tab2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.49 MB, 41 views)
Devices:
P3110
I8190
OnePlus One


My 50 Cent

Omni Rom (official/unofficial) for P31XX and P51XX
and SM-T31X (unofficial)

SlimRom-Team Member
SlimKat for P31XX and P51XX and SM-T31X (unofficial) and I8190 (unofficial)


TWRP 2.8.0.x & CWM 6.0.5.0 & PhilZ Touch P31XX and P51XX

I8190 PhilZ Touch ;TWRP 2.8.0.x ; CWM 6.0.5.0

NEXT Kernel - Dual Boot for I8190

Download all my files (Kernel, Recoveries and ROMs) on www.androidfilehost.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jazzvel
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Talking It Worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi View Post
no @jazzvel you can not use the zip (not without modification to flash it from current recovery).... i did that four you.

Download attached "recovery-tab2.zip"
copy it to your internal Storage or MicroSD
boot your recovery
flash the "recovery-tab2.zip"
reboot your recovery to take affect!

DONŽT USE ATTACHED ZIP ON OTHER DEVICES - P511X ONLY!
This worked flawlesly! Thanks!
If you don't mind me asking, just want to know for future reference
The recovery-tab2.zip contained the correct philz-touch recovery or What was it?

Thank you very much!
You are the man!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes