Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][V500][Flashable] Stock LG Leaked Build KOT49I.V50018a + BusyBox + Root

Tip us?

LBJM
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanoc View Post
How would I go about doing that?
There are a number of ways the easiest is to download one of the 20a/20b build you want to flash. Then flash the zip file and after that is done DO not reboot yet. Next flash the kernel you want and reboot. I've attached the 18a kernel all I did was borrow a zip from Demetris' kernel and then replace the kernel he had in the file with the 18a kernel, so his script might say GPE-ish kernel but it will flash the 18a kernel (I forget what it says). When you reboot you should notice the better gamma setting. The version number of the kernel will stay the same LG was sneaky like that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1651qow98....18akernel.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to LBJM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meanoc
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM View Post
There are a number of ways the easiest is to download one of the 20a/20b build you want to flash. Then flash the zip file and after that is done DO not reboot yet. Next flash the kernel you want and reboot. I've attached the 18a kernel all I did was borrow a zip from Demetris' kernel and then replace the kernel he had in the file with the 18a kernel, so his script might say GPE-ish kernel but it will flash the 18a kernel (I forget what it says). When you reboot you should notice the better gamma setting. The version number of the kernel will stay the same LG was sneaky like that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1651qow98....18akernel.zip
Thanks so much for the info

Canadoc
Old
Thanks Meter 99
When I tried flashing the 18 kernel it darkened the screen until locking and unlocking the screen

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Zeljko1234
Old
Thanks Meter 1846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
When I tried flashing the 18 kernel it darkened the screen until locking and unlocking the screen

True, but I wouldn't care much about it.
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD unlocked with optimized CM11
LG G Pad 8.3 unlocked with LINARO/SABERMOD CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) unlocked with (MROM CM7) CM9 with Polish(ed) 3.1.10 kernel
Nexus 7 unlocked with CM11 my own build

ASW1
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Isn't that what twrp 2.7.0.1 is supposed to fix?

Zeljko1234
Old
Thanks Meter 1846
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
Isn't that what twrp 2.7.0.1 is supposed to fix?
Not really. New twrp fixed splash screen but when rom starts boot then boot animation is darkened, same as booted rom. Nothing really important, after first lock/unlock brightness back to normal.
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD unlocked with optimized CM11
LG G Pad 8.3 unlocked with LINARO/SABERMOD CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) unlocked with (MROM CM7) CM9 with Polish(ed) 3.1.10 kernel
Nexus 7 unlocked with CM11 my own build

LBJM
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:

It's the setting of the 18a kernel at boot up. If you watch it boot up it darkens when the LG logo comes up. It would of been nice if LG made a way to toggle the setting, it makes for a great night time mode.

Tags
gpad, kitkat, v500