[Q] Phone stuck in bootloop after trying to get back to stock

Search This thread

Leeroy605

Apr 28, 2014
Hey everyone,

The time has come for me to sell my phone so I needed to revert it completely back to stock, Was using the latest Viperone rom with elemental X kernel. I downloaded a stock rom, moved it to my phone and flashed it, however the phone is now stuck in a bootloop on the HTC logo and I have no idea how to proceed.

I still have access to recovery, but the phone does not show up in windows no more for me to move files to and from it.

I've included a picture of my bootloader to help. Really at an ends with how to get my phone working again even after looking through these forums for the past two days, so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0132.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 18

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hey everyone,

The time has come for me to sell my phone so I needed to revert it completely back to stock, Was using the latest Viperone rom with elemental X kernel. I downloaded a stock rom, moved it to my phone and flashed it, however the phone is now stuck in a bootloop on the HTC logo and I have no idea how to proceed.

I still have access to recovery, but the phone does not show up in windows no more for me to move files to and from it.

I've included a picture of my bootloader to help. Really at an ends with how to get my phone working again even after looking through these forums for the past two days, so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1. push a rooted custom rom with /system writable functionality to /sdcard using adb push from recovery
  2. flash the rom
  3. s-off the phone using rumrunner or firewater
  4. remove the tampered flag and set your bootloader to locked
  5. restore your phone back to stock using the correct ruu. (probably 1.28.401.7 in your case)
  6. better to keep the phone s-off

follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

Leeroy605

Apr 28, 2014
  1. push a rooted custom rom with /system writable functionality to /sdcard using adb push from recovery
  2. flash the rom
  3. s-off the phone using rumrunner or firewater
  4. remove the tampered flag and set your bootloader to locked
  5. restore your phone back to stock using the correct ruu. (probably 1.28.401.7 in your case)
  6. better to keep the phone s-off

follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

Thank you for this reply, exactly what I needed everything laid out in steps! I will try it tonight when I get in from work and let you know how I get on. Thanks.