Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S4 forums are slowly dying

OP egren58

22nd April 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 289

1,969 posts
Seems like we are losing all of our devs. :/ I'm actually fully stock and don't have a reason to root. Looking for miui rom to try since everything is already back dated only 2 or 3 4.4. Roms

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
22nd April 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag Midlothian, TX
Thanks Meter: 101

706 posts
More
Welcome to Android lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk Pro
22nd April 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 964

3,243 posts
More
Compare it with the s5 forums. The fact that I can flash nightlies here that are getting close to laffy taffy is preventing me from switching.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,036

5,086 posts
More
This happens to every device when the next model comes out.

But there will be a resurgence in about 6 months when the S4 prices drop significantly like the previous model always does. More poeple will flock to the S4 at the cheaper price and start flooding the forums again. I've seen this happen here with my last 2 phones.

Hell, even the S3 forums still have activity. Even my old HTC MyTouch 4G is still having ROM's updated for it. And that's like a 4 year old device.

Also, the T Mobile variant forums are dying because ROMs are now being dev'ed for generic compatibility with the T Mobile version adn the i9505 version. Look at teh 9505 forums and you will see a lot more activity, a lot of which still pertains to the T Mobile version.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #5  
Western NC
Thanks Meter: 546

3,923 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks

This happens to every device when the next model comes out.

But there will be a resurgence in about 6 months when the S4 prices drop significantly like the previous model always does. More poeple will flock to the S4 at the cheaper price and start flooding the forums again. I've seen this happen here with my last 2 phones.

Hell, even the S3 forums still have activity. Even my old HTC MyTouch 4G is still having ROM's updated for it. And that's like a 4 year old device.

Also, the T Mobile variant forums are dying because ROMs are now being dev'ed for generic compatibility with the T Mobile version and the i9505 version. Look at the 9505 forums and you will see a lot more activity, a lot of which still pertains to the T Mobile version.

Except for WiFi calling, as they are all based on 9505. I am using slimKitkat as a multiboot ROM only because of that.

On that subject, if you all have not seen it, check out the duelboot thread over there (the OP is in US on Tmo) and if you are bored, look and the list of ROMs that can be patched and installed on you phone - up to 5 at the same time. You can have a full functional TMo modded ROM as primary and experiment with others at the same time.
Last edited by gaww; 24th April 2014 at 06:33 PM.
25th April 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Or you could do what I do which is start with a Tmobile base rom and add the mods/features you want.
29th April 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 95

342 posts
Definitely go to the international forums. And don't think it will constantly decline. International users make some of the best devs. They will definitely have nice surprises for the coming years.
29th April 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #8  
Flag Landover Md
Thanks Meter: 117

760 posts
More
Let's keep it alive lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread