Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] The Usual Problem, a Bootloop, Result of Trying to Flash A Custom Rom. Help?

Tip us?

MHarris333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool [Q] The Usual Problem, a Bootloop, Result of Trying to Flash A Custom Rom. Help?

Don't really need some special help here, just want the device to function again no matter what way. (Don't care if it's factory reset completely it has nothing on it I was just using it for a bit of experimenting).
So anyway, I have an HTC One x that I tried to install Cyanogenmod mod on but when trying to flash it (I was a bit impatient and just did what I thought would work), it didn't work and I'm stuck on the HTC Boot screen. I can still restart the phone and get to the recovery menus or whatever they're called. But even when doing a factory reset it still just won't get past the boot screen.
I'm just someone who has a good love for android and got given this phone for free so I thought I might experiment with rooting and all that, (I don't want to do this to my main driver, the Z1, for the life of me).

Any help here would be great.

Thanks

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 490

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarris333 View Post
Don't really need some special help here, just want the device to function again no matter what way. (Don't care if it's factory reset completely it has nothing on it I was just using it for a bit of experimenting).
So anyway, I have an HTC One x that I tried to install Cyanogenmod mod on but when trying to flash it (I was a bit impatient and just did what I thought would work), it didn't work and I'm stuck on the HTC Boot screen. I can still restart the phone and get to the recovery menus or whatever they're called. But even when doing a factory reset it still just won't get past the boot screen.
I'm just someone who has a good love for android and got given this phone for free so I thought I might experiment with rooting and all that, (I don't want to do this to my main driver, the Z1, for the life of me).

Any help here would be great.

Thanks
If you had just used htcdev.com to unlock the bootloader and are still S-On, you need to pull/extract the boot.img from the CyanogenMod zip and install via fastboot.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

MHarris333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
If you had just used htcdev.com to unlock the bootloader and are still S-On, you need to pull/extract the boot.img from the CyanogenMod zip and install via fastboot.
She's running all good now, thanks for that

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 490

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarris333 View Post
She's running all good now, thanks for that
You're welcome. Pretty common issue when people are getting used to how it works for HTCs.

Pro Tip: If you want to simplify the process, you can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llner.flashify and install the boot.img with the phone while booted, then boot to recovery and finish the rom install. Recommend doing a nandroid recovery first, just in case the boot,img/rom combo does not work properly, otherwise if you flash it first THEN do a backup, the new boot.img will be matched with the old rom and might cause issues upon restoring if they are not compatible.

Alternative: S-Off. Depending on which hboot you are on, you should be able to do S-Off. It can be a bit of a pain to set up, but once you do, then you can install roms just like normal as the boot.img will be able to be flashed from recovery along with the rom like in most phones.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)