Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z2 Glass

Tip us?

tumpin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Z2 Glass

Does the Z2 have a Gorilla glass screen or any other similar toughening of the glass? I cant find it on the specs or any reviews.
__
Sony W810i - One of the best phones ever. Sony X1 - Terrible, threw it away. Palm Pre - Nice OS, poor hardware. Samsung Galaxy S - Sweet! Pity about the lag. Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Really great! Nexus 7 3G - My hero! Samsung Ativ S - Incredible battery life! Nokia 1020 - Camera is immense.

LotoTutu
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumpin View Post
Does the Z2 have a Gorilla glass screen or any other similar toughening of the glass? I cant find it on the specs or any reviews.
The glass of Z1 is anti-scratches and works excellent after peeling the ASF off.
The Z2 comes without ASF. So I think it will be better.
The glass material has not been mentioned in the Z2 reviews.
The Following User Says Thank You to LotoTutu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tumpin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotoTutu View Post
The glass of Z1 is anti-scratches and works excellent after peeling the ASF off.
The Z2 comes without ASF. So I think it will be better.
The glass material has not been mentioned in the Z2 reviews.
Strange that there's absolutely no mention of the glass spec on the Z2. As theres no mention of it anywhere I wonder if Sony has cheapened out this time round..
Im just wondering how far I need to go with protecting the screen. Usually if its Gorilla glass or something similar then I dont bother with protection. Oh well we will see!
__
Sony W810i - One of the best phones ever. Sony X1 - Terrible, threw it away. Palm Pre - Nice OS, poor hardware. Samsung Galaxy S - Sweet! Pity about the lag. Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Really great! Nexus 7 3G - My hero! Samsung Ativ S - Incredible battery life! Nokia 1020 - Camera is immense.