Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi keeps dropping out?

Tip us?

j4gz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default wifi keeps dropping out?

hi there guys i facing a issue that i did not have before OK i received my phone back from Christmas 2013 it is fully rooted international unlocked and 4.2.2 and on mdc build mf9 as that is what it needed to be unlocked at the time, since i got it it will not connect it says authentication error and will not give me signal for wifi unless im in the same room close to the hub router and ideas pls

j4gz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anybody help me out please

j4gz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
can anybody pls help me

Sezmar
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4gz View Post
hi there guys i facing a issue that i did not have before OK i received my phone back from Christmas 2013 it is fully rooted international unlocked and 4.2.2 and on mdc build mf9 as that is what it needed to be unlocked at the time, since i got it it will not connect it says authentication error and will not give me signal for wifi unless im in the same room close to the hub router and ideas pls
Try installing WiFi Analyzer from the Google Play and see what channels are in your home. You may have to switch your channel in your home router.

j4gz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default losing wifi signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezmar View Post
Try installing WiFi Analyzer from the Google Play and see what channels are in your home. You may have to switch your channel in your home router.
hi i checked the channel and all is ok

Sezmar
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4gz View Post
hi i checked the channel and all is ok
Just checking, so your channel is the only one you see and also you are not using channels 1, 2 or 3?

j4gz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok hi guys I recieved my phone back after a incident on 2013 since getting it back it will not connect to the wifi get a message authentication error its been rooted international unlocked still on 4.22 and on mdc what can I do to get this resolved

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Every place I connect to with wifi I never get a good signal do you think it may have something to do with the modem on the phone or something along them lines pls pls help very annoying also very weak signal