Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,443 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I safely revert my phone to stock after unlocking & switching networks?

Tip us?

Master YI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Can I safely revert my phone to stock after unlocking & switching networks?

Ok I am having difficulty finding information about this on the forums and on the freenode #cyanogenmod chat, nobody seems to know. I have an SGH-i547 Rugby Pro that I succesffully rooted, installed twrp, made the backups and installed Cyanogenmod following the steps in the Rugby Pro super thread by kenomine96. Since then a few circumstances have changed. After modding I had the phone unlocked and switched from ATT to Tmobile. What I want to do now is revert the phone to stock, but my concern is that my TWRP backups were created while I was using ATT. If I used these backups to restore the original operating system would this potentially brick my phone or otherwise render me unable to connect to the Tmobile network? Any tips and advice would be really appreciated guys I do not want to jump into this blind and end up with a screwed up phone.

Master YI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK so after a terrible experience in #cyanogenmod (I had like 5 people trolling me when I was sincerely asking for advice) I finally figured it out on my own. but has left me with a very poor impression of this community. Probably not everyone in the community is bad, but there is a good portion of what seem to be l33t geek permavirgin trolls on #cyanogenmod. And to those people on #cyanogenmod that trolled me like that for absolutely no reason at all, you are total FAILURES and have made your community look utterly shameful and unapproachable with your geeky "i have the knowledge I'm-so-better-than-you" attitude. I'm so glad to have this finally removed from my phone and reverted to stock.

Sad... just sad.. :facepalm:

Adios.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
People are jerks on the internet? Is it really THAT surprising?

Do you still need help or no?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)