Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can I safely revert my phone to stock after unlocking & switching networks?

OP Master YI

29th April 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Ok I am having difficulty finding information about this on the forums and on the freenode #cyanogenmod chat, nobody seems to know. I have an SGH-i547 Rugby Pro that I succesffully rooted, installed twrp, made the backups and installed Cyanogenmod following the steps in the Rugby Pro super thread by kenomine96. Since then a few circumstances have changed. After modding I had the phone unlocked and switched from ATT to Tmobile. What I want to do now is revert the phone to stock, but my concern is that my TWRP backups were created while I was using ATT. If I used these backups to restore the original operating system would this potentially brick my phone or otherwise render me unable to connect to the Tmobile network? Any tips and advice would be really appreciated guys I do not want to jump into this blind and end up with a screwed up phone.
29th April 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thumbs down
OK so after a terrible experience in #cyanogenmod (I had like 5 people trolling me when I was sincerely asking for advice) I finally figured it out on my own. but has left me with a very poor impression of this community. Probably not everyone in the community is bad, but there is a good portion of what seem to be l33t geek permavirgin trolls on #cyanogenmod. And to those people on #cyanogenmod that trolled me like that for absolutely no reason at all, you are total FAILURES and have made your community look utterly shameful and unapproachable with your geeky "i have the knowledge I'm-so-better-than-you" attitude. I'm so glad to have this finally removed from my phone and reverted to stock.

Sad... just sad.. :facepalm:

Adios.
29th April 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
People are jerks on the internet? Is it really THAT surprising?

Do you still need help or no?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread