No registration required

[Q] Rooting Coby Kyros MID 7036

OP ijmeurer

29th April 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I'm a nube and trying to root my Coby Kyros MID 7036. I get as far as using the adb shell command: chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin. After that, it gets stuck at "adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login." Then I close the elevated cmd, open a new one and restart the adb server. Typing in the same adb shell command, I get past "adb connection will be reset", but my device is marked as offline. I end up having to restart the device to get it online, but then I just repeat the process! What do I do?
29th April 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,084 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijmeurer

I'm a nube and trying to root my Coby Kyros MID 7036. I get as far as using the adb shell command: chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin. After that, it gets stuck at "adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login." Then I close the elevated cmd, open a new one and restart the adb server. Typing in the same adb shell command, I get past "adb connection will be reset", but my device is marked as offline. I end up having to restart the device to get it online, but then I just repeat the process! What do I do?

Try this when it prompts you to restart the connection - don't close the terminal and use:

adb kill-server
adb start-server

and then try and continue.

There's more rooting info and a system dump if you get into serious trouble here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...t-utility.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread