Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Coby Kyros MID 7036

Tip us?

ijmeurer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooting Coby Kyros MID 7036

I'm a nube and trying to root my Coby Kyros MID 7036. I get as far as using the adb shell command: chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin. After that, it gets stuck at "adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login." Then I close the elevated cmd, open a new one and restart the adb server. Typing in the same adb shell command, I get past "adb connection will be reset", but my device is marked as offline. I end up having to restart the device to get it online, but then I just repeat the process! What do I do?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijmeurer View Post
I'm a nube and trying to root my Coby Kyros MID 7036. I get as far as using the adb shell command: chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin. After that, it gets stuck at "adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login." Then I close the elevated cmd, open a new one and restart the adb server. Typing in the same adb shell command, I get past "adb connection will be reset", but my device is marked as offline. I end up having to restart the device to get it online, but then I just repeat the process! What do I do?
Try this when it prompts you to restart the connection - don't close the terminal and use:

adb kill-server
adb start-server

and then try and continue.

There's more rooting info and a system dump if you get into serious trouble here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...t-utility.html
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)