Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

newbieee

Tip us?

ci9her
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default newbieee

hey im new here....can anyone tell me which linux is best for android development and how to configure it........

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ci9her View Post
hey im new here....can anyone tell me which linux is best for android development and how to configure it........
Hi there. Depends on how familiar you are with Linux. If you are just beginning, then I suggest Ubuntu as it is the most popular distro and the one that most of the How-To Build Guides are written for. If you plan on developing anything newer than GB, then it's recommended to install the 64 bit version. You CAN build some ICS and JB versions on 32, but more of a pain than it's worth since the compiler is written in 64 bit.

There are tons of guides for beginners here - including Stickies at the top of this particular forum. If you search, you'll even find semi-automated scripts and such to set up the build environment for you.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]