[Q] Flashing stock

OP fookea

28th April 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandersonGD

I don't know how to answer your question but let me ask you... What is CSC and why you don't wanna change it ?

CSC is your region\carrier customization. It dictates what your updates are , what they contains and when you get them . I want to change it but i know ( i might be wrong about this ) that it's only possible via rooting, wich i can't do atm
28th April 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member

169 posts
OK so i flashed the NEE straight on my NB4 ORO firmware and it worked flawlessly.

So for everybody that is asking this: you can flash any full ROM with any CSC on top of any other CSC . This is my experience and i hope it goes well with you ! Good luck !
29th April 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #13  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,739

2,324 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandersonGD

I don't know how to answer your question but let me ask you... What is CSC and why you don't wanna change it ?

CSC is Customer Sales Code. You want to change it when you want to debrand/debloat your phone by removing carrier-specific apps or update it to another carrier's update stream (to get a different carrier's upgrades). It also allows for you to get correct APN values if your carrier's auto assign doesn't work properly.

You don't need root to change it, you need Odin and the CSC package. You can use the Samsung code + IMEI as a last resort.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookea

OK so i flashed the NEE straight on my NB4 ORO firmware and it worked flawlessly.

So for everybody that is asking this: you can flash any full ROM with any CSC on top of any other CSC . This is my experience and i hope it goes well with you ! Good luck !

Good job man! But you have to be aware, I did some research before you did it. It does not apply to all devices. As the Russian ORO and Nordic Countries are the "same" region, I automatically assumed you bought your device in Europe, hence you won't be region locked out of your device. If you had a Hong Kong device you will have to take account for your storage difference (whether its 16GB or 32GB) as ROMs are usually for the 32GB PIT (bootloader), and any flashing of other region based ROMs COULD brick your device.
29th April 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

CSC is Customer Sales Code. You want to change it when you want to debrand/debloat your phone by removing carrier-specific apps or update it to another carrier's update stream (to get a different carrier's upgrades). It also allows for you to get correct APN values if your carrier's auto assign doesn't work properly.

You don't need root to change it, you need Odin and the CSC package. You can use the Samsung code + IMEI as a last resort.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Good job man! But you have to be aware, I did some research before you did it. It does not apply to all devices. As the Russian ORO and Nordic Countries are the "same" region, I automatically assumed you bought your device in Europe, hence you won't be region locked out of your device. If you had a Hong Kong device you will have to take account for your storage difference (whether its 16GB or 32GB) as ROMs are usually for the 32GB PIT (bootloader), and any flashing of other region based ROMs COULD brick your device.

Nice find , thanks for pointing it out. I don't think I have a region lock, it didn't have any of the stickers that usually say it's region locked. But yea, my version is from Europe.

p.s. ORO is from Romania
29th April 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #15  

2,324 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nice find , thanks for pointing it out. I don't think I have a region lock, it didn't have any of the stickers that usually say it's region locked. But yea, my version is from Europe.

p.s. ORO is from Romania

Ahh cool cool, I guess I looked over too quickly but on Sammobile it said there was a Russian ORO too :P
29th April 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Ahh cool cool, I guess I looked over too quickly but on Sammobile it said there was a Russian ORO too :P

I can only see SER and MGF CSC on sammobile . It doesn't matter anyway because it seems in the end it's ok to flash anything inside your region
29th April 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #17  

2,324 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I can only see SER and MGF CSC on sammobile . It doesn't matter anyway because it seems in the end it's ok to flash anything inside your region

That was embarrassing xD I just relooked and yeah you're right :P

It was a glance problem on my end. Sorry! But yeah it still applies

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread