Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery usage kitkat

Tip us?

Despiser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Battery usage kitkat

Just curious if anyone else is seeing battery life cut in half since the Kit Kat update? I was getting two full days on a charge before and now im getting less than a full day. At first it did an upgrade to my existing ICS which I thought may be a contributing factor but after a hard reset battery life is still poor.

My batt usage meter says that 77% of my juice is being used by the OS.

b1ackplague
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I've only been using it since this morning, so I'll follow up in a day or two, but battery life seems to be improved for me. For last few hours its been sipping battery; used about 8% in 2 hours with a lot of texting and browsing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
iAMthePLAGUE

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 153
I always found that with each update it seemed to get worse. But on a custom rom it's amazing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cowisland
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I am pure stock and the battery life after the update has been about the same for me over the last three days.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Also, if you use Google Location Services they will wake up the phone hundreds of times per day, turn on GPS for minutes etc. Very bad for battery life on our phone (that has a relatively small battery). You can disable this in settings, location, mode, and set it to Device Sensors (ie GPS). This means Wi-Fi based location no longer works, but you get better stand by battery life. Needless to say, I am upset with Google about this decision to link their location services with such aggressive mandatory location reporting.

The Following User Says Thank You to cowisland For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]