Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 42,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working Rom for S5

Tip us?

rfb813
Old
(Last edited by rfb813; 29th April 2014 at 05:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about trying to get permissions of a few international roms to try and alter the upater script and edit a few things to make them more compatible with the us roms.
That would be great. I would love to know how to do it to try it out. Where do we find it and what do we change? By the way thanks for your great InfinityRom!

Found it:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=10

tp2215
Old
Thanks Meter 2,782

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb813 View Post
That would be great. I would love to know how to do it to try it out. Where do we find it and what do we change? By the way thanks for your great InfinityRom!
Thanks! BTW, I am going to release a pretty big update soon (and a few more after that) that will bring that rom much more closer to the international roms. Tons of features, perfect performance and more.

To prevent the international roms from wiping the internal sdcard..

1) Open up the zip file
2) Locate the updater-script file, its usually located in META-INF\com\google\android and open it in wordpad or notepad++
3) delete the line that says something like (I dont have an international rom in front of me right now and dont remember the exact line)
delete_recursive("/preload"); (its the only line there with preload
The location may differ if that rom has aroma or not but should be right at the top or close to it.
4) put the file back into the zip and save... and flash.

FYI, that is only for your every ones personal use, dont post a modded rom without permission from the dev or your asking for trouble
and also... I asked a few devs of permissions to port some of the international roms and absolutely none would give it, that is half the reason I started project ininity. (and open source is supposed to be about sharing)
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rfb813
Old
Thanks Meter 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Thanks! BTW, I am going to release a pretty big update soon (and a few more after that) that will bring that rom much more closer to the international roms. Tons of features, perfect performance and more.

To prevent the international roms from wiping the internal sdcard..

1) Open up the zip file
2) Locate the updater-script file, its usually located in META-INF\com\google\android and open it in wordpad or notepad++
3) delete the line that says something like (I dont have an international rom in front of me right now and dont remember the exact line)
delete_recursive("/preload"); (its the only line there with preload
The location may differ if that rom has aroma or not but should be right at the top or close to it.
4) put the file back into the zip and save... and flash.

FYI, that is only for your every ones personal use, dont post a modded rom without permission from the dev or your asking for trouble
and also... I asked a few devs of permissions to port some of the international roms and absolutely none would give it, that is half the reason I started project ininity. (and open source is supposed to be about sharing)
Thanks, I understand. will do. Thanks for your Rom and your efforts.