Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,232 Members 37,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disable "What's new" from home button slide up

Tip us?

Chefproll
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I know.
But I didn't refer to sharpness overall, I noticed slightly worse antialising if viewing text contents in portrait mode: No visible "edges" in landscape orientation, but slightly visible edges in portrait mode. Strangely enough, this effect does not always occur; sometimes it's there, sometimes not.
That makes me believe there's some optimization potential.

Ricky D
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahura999 View Post
Is it possible to unroot it right after and keep the "what's new" disabled? I've rooted my gs4 before and since I'm not an expert, I had issues. So now I'm just afraid of rooting again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes, it's possible, but I don't see how root would cause you issues unless you either had security issues with misbehaving apps or went wrong somewhere in the process of rooting, in which case it isn't the fault of being rooted.

Currently though, the only root method for the Z2 Tablet requires unlocking your bootloader and flashing a custom kernel. This may or may not incur irreversible undesired changes to your system depending on your approach.