Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Disable "What's new" from home button slide up

OP ahura999

28th April 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 108

244 posts
More
I know.
But I didn't refer to sharpness overall, I noticed slightly worse antialising if viewing text contents in portrait mode: No visible "edges" in landscape orientation, but slightly visible edges in portrait mode. Strangely enough, this effect does not always occur; sometimes it's there, sometimes not.
That makes me believe there's some optimization potential.
29th April 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #12  
Flag Doncaster + Beijing
Thanks Meter: 41

164 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahura999

Is it possible to unroot it right after and keep the "what's new" disabled? I've rooted my gs4 before and since I'm not an expert, I had issues. So now I'm just afraid of rooting again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, it's possible, but I don't see how root would cause you issues unless you either had security issues with misbehaving apps or went wrong somewhere in the process of rooting, in which case it isn't the fault of being rooted.

Currently though, the only root method for the Z2 Tablet requires unlocking your bootloader and flashing a custom kernel. This may or may not incur irreversible undesired changes to your system depending on your approach.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread