Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drain on 4.4.2

Tip us?
 
manatti
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2009
No problem I get 4 hours or so of screen time when on 4.3 I only got 3 I was debating getting a new battery til I found that

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
 
manatti
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2009
This is what mine was right when I found that setting the other day and when I turned it off

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398556884419.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	2710853  
The Following User Says Thank You to manatti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Southern_mind
Old
#13  
Southern_mind's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 1,229
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
So much better now.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to Southern_mind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Southern_mind
Old
#14  
Southern_mind's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 1,229
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladyscoleman View Post
If you force stop your all unusual apps and use cell phone on battery saving mode then you will not face this issue again in future.
manatti help to fix it. Look at the post before yours.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Note 3
 
manatti
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 172
Join Date: Mar 2009
Following up with having everything corrected and streaming blue tooth still at 88% with 44 MIN of screen time. Loving this



Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398724335906.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2714561  
 
mjh68
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 359
Posts: 1,567
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatti View Post
I went into the wifi /menu/advanced and turnedoff the wifi scanning for Google Apps and location even when wifi off. That is insane! Made an hour a day difference in usage.

On a side note, the signal on this firmware is better than. The wife's retail version has no signal in a store and I had 4g with two bars

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Thanks , I will try that as well . My battery life is bad so far on KK...went from 83% -64% in 30 minutes just listening to music and light Internet browsing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
pipnmike
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
Thanks , I will try that as well . My battery life is bad so far on KK...went from 83% -64% in 30 minutes just listening to music and light Internet browsing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I feel like my battery life is slightly worse as well. Although that could be attributed to what seems like weaker data signal. So idle time seems to hold up just as well. But the battery seems to drain faster when using data. I was going to monitor it for several more days and if it's still bad, i'm going to try flashing the MJE modem
 
mjh68
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 359
Posts: 1,567
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipnmike View Post
I feel like my battery life is slightly worse as well. Although that could be attributed to what seems like weaker data signal. So idle time seems to hold up just as well. But the battery seems to drain faster when using data. I was going to monitor it for several more days and if it's still bad, i'm going to try flashing the MJE modem
That's what I am seeing as well...drains much faster while using data.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
cayers71
Old
#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2007
For those running 4.4.2 on the Verison Note 3...did you all have to subscribe to the Chinese bot-net via Kingo Root, or is there another method to install a ROM? Is Safestrap the only option, or is there a full recovery available?

Thanks.
 
pipnmike
Old
#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayers71 View Post
For those running 4.4.2 on the Verison Note 3...did you all have to subscribe to the Chinese bot-net via Kingo Root, or is there another method to install a ROM? Is Safestrap the only option, or is there a full recovery available?

Thanks.
Kingo. SS is the only recovery available

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes