a minor bug on CarbonRom kitkat for xperia s

OP yunamunchy

28th April 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

243 posts
More
im currently using carbon rom 4.4.2 beta5 , since i am a beginner i cant post to the main thread. i notice a bug on beta 6. i tried to uninstall some system apps but everytime i reboot it the apps are still there. any idea why is it happening? i clean flashed it but still the same. i ported back beta 5 now because i cant uninstall some apps
28th April 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 563

2,957 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunamunchy

im currently using carbon rom 4.4.2 beta5 , since i am a beginner i cant post to the main thread. i notice a bug on beta 6. i tried to uninstall some system apps but everytime i reboot it the apps are still there. any idea why is it happening? i clean flashed it but still the same. i ported back beta 5 now because i cant uninstall some apps

This is pretty common with some of the newer KK roms. You'll need to use a root enabled System App remover as for some reason Titanium Backup (and some other ways) does not remove the apps like it did on earlier builds for most roms I have used.

This one should work just fine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ager.systemapp
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

243 posts
More
solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

This is pretty common with some of the newer KK roms. You'll need to use a root enabled System App remover as for some reason Titanium Backup (and some other ways) does not remove the apps like it did on earlier builds for most roms I have used.

This one should work just fine

i solved the problem. it seems that the rom im using has an outdated superuser binary. i installed supersu and it binary and TitaniumBackup uninstalled it properly. tnx for the help too!
29th April 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 563

2,957 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunamunchy

i solved the problem. it seems that the rom im using has an outdated superuser binary. i installed supersu and it binary and TitaniumBackup uninstalled it properly. tnx for the help too!

Ah ok. That'd do it. Glad all is back to normal.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread