Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard Bricked LG E980 USB device not recognised

Tip us?

twill1987
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeActOnImpulse View Post
Yeah dude there's an unbrick method. If this doesn't work just sell the phone on Ebay. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302660
I have tried this and unfortunately since the USB drivers aren't detected by the computer there is no way for me to flash back to stock.
Thanks for the information though, I appreciate it.

twill1987
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbypenguin View Post
I dont know lg's download mode, kdz, tot etc all that well. im more of a samsung guy. however qualcomm since the s4 chipset has allowed for sdcards that are properly formatted to boot the os instead of the internal emmc. here is a decent guide, just need to make teh image for this device. this will let your device boot no matter how bad it gets you are welcome to try with 16gb, the rule of thumb i know of is as big as teh emmc is use that same size or larger sdcard, however some people have had sucess withs maller, just not many that i know of. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367

however afaik the only way to reflash teh bootloader partitions is via kdz/download mode so perhaps the sdcard will let you get into that mode and then you can flash, so long as you keep your sdcard like that it will boot fully, but in order ot get your sdcard back you need to repair teh files on your phone .
Wow, that sounds awesome. I followed most of that. I access download mode on the device by pressing vol up and down simultaneously and plugging in the usb cable. I am more willing to try this, and if it works I will pay you from my paypal. I guess all I need now are those files to run to the sd card. I read the tutorial you posted for the samsung and downloaded the windows disk manager. I am eager to try this method, though it is admittedly very new to me.. If you can post those files, I will follow the instructions you give and pay you a little bit of money for your help!
I am a broke college student so it won't be much, but I really appreciate your response and information on this method with the qualcomm s4.

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4740

DONATE TO ME
Here is the unbrick image. follow the guide for your platform (gunna guess windows) and write this to your sdcard after backing it up. from there you need to restore your partitions by flashing them .

https://mega.co.nz/#!YB5xWQ7Y!Qcnx9U...mrQGA1zzP5hfA0
If you feel as though my work is worth something, you can alwaysDonate

twill1987
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Just wrote it to sd card

Quote:
Here is the unbrick image. follow the guide for your platform (gunna guess windows) and write this to your sdcard after backing it up. from there you need to restore your partitions by flashing them .

https://mega.co.nz/#!YB5xWQ7Y!Qcnx9U...mrQGA1zzP5hfA0
Okay so I bought the 32 gb sd card. Just wrote the .img file you sent me to the sd card.
I powered on the phone and nothing happened, I got the same LG screen where the led flashes and then stops.
I followed that guide, but am I supposed to go to download mode instead of just powering on the device?
I got a little confused by the samsung jargon lol. I just want to know after I've written the unbrick.zip to the sd card
how do I get my phone to recognize the card is there? And once I am able to do that how do I "restore my partitions by flashing them?"
I do have the factory firmware set to flash through lg flashtool, but the phone can't be detected of course due to the usb issue.
Just want to say thanks for walking me through it this far, I feel like I'm close hopefully but unsure what to do next.

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4740

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill1987 View Post
Okay so I bought the 32 gb sd card. Just wrote the .img file you sent me to the sd card.
I powered on the phone and nothing happened, I got the same LG screen where the led flashes and then stops.
I followed that guide, but am I supposed to go to download mode instead of just powering on the device?
I got a little confused by the samsung jargon lol. I just want to know after I've written the unbrick.zip to the sd card
how do I get my phone to recognize the card is there? And once I am able to do that how do I "restore my partitions by flashing them?"
I do have the factory firmware set to flash through lg flashtool, but the phone can't be detected of course due to the usb issue.
Just want to say thanks for walking me through it this far, I feel like I'm close hopefully but unsure what to do next.

you wrote the image to the sdcard? i wonder if its because you still have the low level bootloaders that it may not be booting from the sdcard, normally this is done to fix qhusb errored devices. as for restoring the partitions all you would need to do is one its booted up push the unbrick image to the phone and use rooted adb shell to write it back onto your phone.

twill1987
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Possible hope??

Quote:
you wrote the image to the sdcard? i wonder if its because you still have the low level bootloaders that it may not be booting from the sdcard, normally this is done to fix qhusb errored devices. as for restoring the partitions all you would need to do is one its booted up push the unbrick image to the phone and use rooted adb shell to write it back onto your phone.
I meant I used the windows tool to write the debrick.img to the sd card. But no dice, the device isn't recognised.
However! I installed a driver clean up tool and now if I plug in the device it is recognized as Android Original ADB Interface.
The LG Flashtools even says the port is ready! But I get the error code "10" "device cannot start, A request for the USB device descriptor failed."
So now I am stuck on that instead lol. This just sucks.

shabbypenguin
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4740

DONATE TO ME
that sucks about the sdcard, it must be because you arent "truly" bricked. sorry i thought it would help ya :/.