Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help!! Htc one bricked... Please HELP XDA

Tip us?

Techcraze
Old
(Last edited by Techcraze; 29th April 2014 at 07:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy [Q] Help!! Htc one bricked... Please HELP XDA

Hi! Everyone I recently got registered to XDA in order to get help as I now the devs are amazing and very friendly.
My problem is my Htc one got bricked when i tried to install a stock rom zip through CWM, phone was getting stuck at boot logo and was unable to get into recovery, but going through fastboot mode i managed to install twrp recovery. Major problem is that computer cannot detect my phone and the somehow my OS got deleted, in order to get RUU i cannot find the main version as it shows blank. I also tried adb push a custom carbon rom and zip install through twrp but it shows error. I dont know what to do...!!! Kindly help anyone.

bootloader data

M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.25.3263.21
OpenDsp-v32.120.274.0909
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048mb

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techcraze View Post
Hi! Everyone I recently got registered to XDA in order to get help as I now the devs are amazing and very friendly.
My problem is my Htc one got bricked when i tried to install a stock rom zip through CWM, phone was getting stuck at boot logo and was unable to get into recovery, but going through fastboot mode i managed to install twrp recovery. Major problem is that computer cannot detect my phone and the somehow my OS got deleted, in order to get RUU i cannot find the main version as it shows blank. I also tried adb push a custom carbon rom and zip install through twrp but it shows error. I dont know what to do...!!! Kindly help anyone.
Wow, sounds like a headache! If I understand you, the problem may have started when you tried to install a .zip from HTC (a.k.a., RUU), instead of a custom ROM packaged as a .zip? (The formatting is very different, and I don't know what CWM/TWRP will do when given the wrong type.) Does this sound right? If so:

When the phone is booted into TWRP, can the computer detect it with "adb devices"? (You need to install the appropriate drivers, and install ADB, and run it properly so it doesn't just say "command not found".)

If I misunderstood your problem, have you tried using TWRP to back up your data, wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache, then reboot and wait 5 minutes for the phone to boot the first time?
If I helped, click Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to fenstre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Techcraze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
Wow, sounds like a headache! If I understand you, the problem may have started when you tried to install a .zip from HTC (a.k.a., RUU), instead of a custom ROM packaged as a .zip? (The formatting is very different, and I don't know what CWM/TWRP will do when given the wrong type.) Does this sound right? If so:

When the phone is booted into TWRP, can the computer detect it with "adb devices"? (You need to install the appropriate drivers, and install ADB, and run it properly so it doesn't just say "command not found".)

If I misunderstood your problem, have you tried using TWRP to back up your data, wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache, then reboot and wait 5 minutes for the phone to boot the first time?
Ya it happened something like that.

When the phone is booted into TWRP and by adb devices command I get the below
C:\fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached

I have tried backingup by TWRP adn wiped data cache dalvik cache and reboot, but it gets rebooting into recovery

Computer doent detect the sdcard, TWRP shows no OS!

I tried ADB sideload to install custom rom but it shows error..

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
C:\fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
Seems like maybe you don't have the right drivers. Your phone isn't being detected. No ADB stuff (push or sideload) will work until you sort that out. (I don't use Windows, so I can't help much when it comes to driver info.)

Techcraze
Old
(Last edited by Techcraze; 29th April 2014 at 03:37 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstre View Post
Seems like maybe you don't have the right drivers. Your phone isn't being detected. No ADB stuff (push or sideload) will work until you sort that out. (I don't use Windows, so I can't help much when it comes to driver info.)
I have installed all right drivers, i am able to push or sideload files but not able to execute as it shows error when installing zip through TWRP and shows no OS.

below is getvar all

C:\fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.25.3263.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT36JW9A0222
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__J15
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4072mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-c6bbb6d4
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 2.240s

Please anyone help!!

fenstre
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
it shows error when installing zip through TWRP and shows no OS.
I don't know what it means when version-main is blank, but I'm more interested in the TWRP error.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,930
Quote:
I have installed all right drivers, i am able to push or sideload files but not able to execute as it shows error when installing zip through TWRP and shows no OS.

below is getvar all

(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__J15

Please anyone help!!
1- edit your post and remove IMEI, you shouldn't share that information publicly!!

2- then:

get TWRP from:
2.6.3.3: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or 2.6.3.4: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
(make sure MD5 is correct, that site does not play nice with download managers)

2.7.0.4b: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708134

in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

enter recovery, now trwp, if adb devices doesn't show your phone, then go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=2

and fix Windows Device Manager as mentioned in FAQ#2, then you can continue.