Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9506 German T-Online Branding)

Tip us?

A.Mavromati
Old
(Last edited by A.Mavromati; 19th April 2014 at 05:54 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9506 German T-Online Branding)

hey guys, I'm trying to flash a clean rom (kitkat google edition) on my S4 LTE, the problem is I'm failing to install the cwm or any other recovery! I search some threads, tried different recoveries, different odin versions, and everything is flashing fine, but after the install via odin, it reboots, and no recovery! still the old e3 one! Im not a complete newb (I hope x)), did flash my SE X10, my Atrix 2, but failing this one.... mb its the firmware I need to change or the boot loader? android version is 4.3, if u need any details I can provide just ask ^^

I used these steps:

Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S4 (LTE+) I9506
Step 1: Extract the Odin 3.07 .zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Copy the Root Package .zip file to the SD card of your phone.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy S4. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy S4 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.

Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.

Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CWM/PhilZ Touch .tar file. Verify that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start button in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once the installation process completes, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.

thx for the help)

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 19th April 2014 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
i9505 and i9506 are differents and you cant apply same method for install a custom recovery. Follow this thread for install the recovery: HERE. Try it by your own responsibility. Anyway the phone is branded and I dont think you cant change the recovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Did u flash i9505 recovery and worked?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

A.Mavromati
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
i9505 and i9506 are differents and you cant apply same method for install a custom recovery. Follow this thread for install the recovery: HERE. Try it by your own responsibility. Anyway the phone is branded and I dont think you cant change the recovery.
dude can you read? it's not the same method it says I9506 for a reason, which is how to root 9506!!! can't post links yet so I copy paste the instruction

A.Mavromati
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91 View Post
Did u flash i9505 recovery and worked?

makes no sence, there is a recovery for i9506, 3 actually, and no, I didn't. after odin succesfully applies the recovery (so it says), it is auto rebooting NOT into the new recovery, but into the android system. after manually rebooting, the old recovery boots up. there are tons videos and guides how to root 9506, the thing is I stuck after the odin flash, with the old recovery

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mavromati View Post
makes no sence, there is a recovery for i9506, 3 actually, and no, I didn't. after odin succesfully applies the recovery (so it says), it is auto rebooting NOT into the new recovery, but into the android system. after manually rebooting, the old recovery boots up. there are tons videos and guides how to root 9506, the thing is I stuck after the odin flash, with the old recovery
That's simple. All you do is ucheck auto reboot in odin on pc, when flashing custom recovery is complete from odin pc unplug it then long press power button until it switches off then press vol up home and power and boot to recovery and disable recovery flash

The Following User Says Thank You to mezo91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]