No registration required

[APP][4.0+] 500 Firepaper v2.45

OP Chainfire

17th April 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #281  
Flag RAWALPINDI
Thanks Meter: 545

2,963 posts
More
Well I have only faced this issue after clearing app data. If you clear app data, it will say no connection, battery must be half full...that error. If you leave it there, it wont get resolved. The only way to resolve is to select the live wallpaper again.

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)
20th April 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #282  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
The application downloads picture only if the battery is above 50% level? Is it possible to change the battery setting?

Also in my 5" 1080P screen, I see black bar at the top and bottom.
29th April 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #283  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 55,825

9,489 posts
Donate to Me
More
v2.00 released
500 Firepaper has been updated to v2.00 !

Full changelog can be found on the first page, and the release notes can be found here:

v2.00 RELEASE NOTES
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #284  
Flag richmond
Thanks Meter: 68

660 posts
More
Question
What does hardware acceleration do anyway? How is beneficial? Seems to work just fine on my N900A, but I don't see a difference..?
The Following User Says Thank You to wdkingery For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #285  
Thanks Meter: 1,260

4,254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkingery

What does hardware acceleration do anyway? How is beneficial? Seems to work just fine on my N900A, but I don't see a difference..?

Did you check the release notes? All changes have been explained in detail.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #286  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
It's a lot more fluent with hardware acceleration! Thanks for that! Just when I go to 500 Firepaper over the Recent Apps it always goes to the initial screen instead of the History Browser where it was. That's a pity.
But all in all a great app!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #287  
Flag Springfield, OH
Thanks Meter: 846

2,808 posts
More
Love, love, love it. Thanks! IMO this is better than Muzei. Muzei gets recognition because of the developer but I'm a huge fan of this. OK I know chainfire is a great developer, but Roman gets more love for some reason.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to housry23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #288  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 55,825

9,489 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightflash

It's a lot more fluent with hardware acceleration! Thanks for that! Just when I go to 500 Firepaper over the Recent Apps it always goes to the initial screen instead of the History Browser where it was. That's a pity.
But all in all a great app!

It did return to the History Browser in my dev version but I disabled that for performance reasons, still looking for a work-around on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23

Love, love, love it. Thanks! IMO this is better than Muzei.

Thanks, it is really good to hear this once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23

Muzei gets recognition because of the developer but I'm a huge fan of this. OK I know chainfire is a great developer, but Roman gets more love for some reason.

Roman is Google'r with a lot of following, especially by other devs (who learn design tricks from his posts and videos), who spread the word to their own followers.

The thing is, most of the acclaim for Muzei is for it's very shiny configuration interface - people fawn over it. How often are you going to be in that configuration interface? If it's setup well - never. I'm also pretty sure Roman took a bunch of things from 500 Firepaper as base idea ...

I've spotted dozens of bugs in Muzei (it doesn't even work at all on some high-res large screens, good job), all in all it really doesn't work that well, IMHO. The API has a number of quirks which make it really hard for a source like 500px to behave well scheduling wise or costly bandwidth wise. Yes, there is a sample plugin for it (oh surprise!) and some have built out on it - one of the things with that is that neither respect 500px's terms and conditions (or didn't last I checked) ... and the images are lower resolution than the ones 500 Firepaper fetches as well.

All in all, I'm not a big fan of Roman. As a Google'r he's responsible for design - as with his clock widget, he's releasing an app for free that completely disrupts the indie market, and the only reason he can do that is precisely because he's a Google'r. He's personally killed this entire segment of the LWP market. He gets applauded for free and open source and shiny and whatever (which helps spread the word) - well if you work at Google and get paid up to $200k for it, then it's easy to do just that.

Heck, if 500px themselves didn't see something in 500 Firepaper, I would have dropped the project altogether, as there is pretty much no way - thanks to Roman - that I'll ever get back even minimum wage on the development of it otherwise. And no, it's not all about the money, but I do have bills to pay, and I have to choose what I spend my time on, and yes revenue is a factor in that.

Roman, just one more reason as a dev to not be fond of Google (as if we were lacking reasons). This is not the first time something like this has happened either.

Mind you, most of this bitching is not because I dislike competition - I consider this to be unfair competition. Had it been another indie dev with a rev stream somewhere (or 500px themselves), then it would have been fair game. I'd still not be jumping for joy about it, but it makes the entire situation completely different.

Sure, some would come with the argument that you need to innovate and if you make your product *that* much better than something shiny and free and OSS, you can still sell it, etc. The target market unfortunately is not really large enough for that at this time. And it's really, really hard to compete with free apps that don't care about legality either.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #289  
Thanks Meter: 523

1,792 posts
More
I actually had no idea there was any similar app.

This is one of the first things I do when setting up a new ROM. Thanks for the great app. And for the reminder to do the upgrade. I don't actually need the extras, but I do like to support other devs I have respect for. I doubt my $4 is going to help the bottom line much, but it's a small price to pay to support something I use so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to ttabbal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #290  
Flag Springfield, OH
Thanks Meter: 846

2,808 posts
More
I didn't mean to push any buttons! Great post! I've been following your work for a long time. This post made me buy the Pro version. I always buy the pro version if it's an app I use regularly and thought I had already bought the Pro version of this. Well, I hadn't for some reason, but did just now. Keep up the good work Chainfire.
Last edited by Chainfire; 1st May 2014 at 10:27 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to housry23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread