Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Reason why notifications stop working after a little

OP CarbonWyre

21st April 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 37

137 posts
More
Some of us have it, some don't. This seems to be a NON Samsung device thing.

Right now what is happening is at first install Notifications DO NOT need ATNManager to forward them, they work just find with only gear manager. But after some time and a couple notifications (changes on case to case basis) notifications will just stop forwarding. Every now and then they will come back, if you're lucky.

I've been screwing around with ATNManager after finding a bug (posted here) and found that clearing the cache for the app fixed it. I could forward 1 notification before I had to reset cache on ATNManager.

I applied the same idea to the Gear Manager app (not Connection Manager or Gear2 or any of the other) and my notifications magically started working again. Both had a cache size of exactly 68.00kb.

I hear there is an australian Gear Manager that fixes this issue, but I can't install Samsung Apps to download actual updates so I can't install it to test. If someone can get that version of the Gear Manager can you please post the APK?
22nd April 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 53

182 posts
More
When I read the title of your post this morning, I thought "what the heck he's talking about?". That was after my notifications worked flawlessly for ~10 hours in a row. Then, a couple of hours later, they stopped. Now I understand exactly what you're talking about.
I did try clearing Gear Manager cache (and not Connection Manager or anything else this app installs). It didn't help.I didn't have ATNManager installed, as I didn't need it before. Should I try to start messing around with it?

EDITED:
I figured out rebooting the phone brings the notifications back. That's a good enough solution for me at this point of time...
Last edited by mpogr; 22nd April 2014 at 06:57 AM.
22nd April 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 37

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr

When I read the title of your post this morning, I thought "what the heck he's talking about?". That was after my notifications worked flawlessly for ~10 hours in a row. Then, a couple of hours later, they stopped. Now I understand exactly what you're talking about.
I did try clearing Gear Manager cache (and not Connection Manager or anything else this app installs). It didn't help.I didn't have ATNManager installed, as I didn't need it before. Should I try to start messing around with it?

EDITED:
I figured out rebooting the phone brings the notifications back. That's a good enough solution for me at this point of time...

Did you clear then reset or just reset?
22nd April 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Melbourne

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonWyre

Did you clear then reset or just reset?

Just reboot did the trick.
29th April 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
It's getting quiet here. For me a reboot doesn't always help. Clearing the Cache doesn't help as well. Sometimes there is actually no way to get the notifications working.
29th April 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag Melbourne

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hg10163

It's getting quiet here. For me a reboot doesn't always help. Clearing the Cache doesn't help as well. Sometimes there is actually no way to get the notifications working.

Hey mate, read the new version of the guide, for me notifications have been working ever since.
29th April 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #7  

11 posts
Quote:

Hey mate, read the new version of the guide, for me notifications have been working ever since.

Hey there! Are you talking about this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723862 ?
29th April 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag Melbourne

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hg10163

Hey there! Are you talking about this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723862 ?

Yep, that one.
29th April 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #9  

11 posts
Quote:

Yep, that one.

Hi. This won't help. Notifications stop whenever they want and there is no reliable way of reactivating them. Sometimes reconnecting within GearManager may help, sometimes rebooting the phone. Sometime nothing at all helps - even not clearing caches, etc.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread