FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Reason why notifications stop working after a little

21st April 2014, 04:39 PM |#1  
CarbonWyre's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Some of us have it, some don't. This seems to be a NON Samsung device thing.

Right now what is happening is at first install Notifications DO NOT need ATNManager to forward them, they work just find with only gear manager. But after some time and a couple notifications (changes on case to case basis) notifications will just stop forwarding. Every now and then they will come back, if you're lucky.

I've been screwing around with ATNManager after finding a bug (posted here) and found that clearing the cache for the app fixed it. I could forward 1 notification before I had to reset cache on ATNManager.

I applied the same idea to the Gear Manager app (not Connection Manager or Gear2 or any of the other) and my notifications magically started working again. Both had a cache size of exactly 68.00kb.

I hear there is an australian Gear Manager that fixes this issue, but I can't install Samsung Apps to download actual updates so I can't install it to test. If someone can get that version of the Gear Manager can you please post the APK?
 
 
22nd April 2014, 06:49 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
When I read the title of your post this morning, I thought "what the heck he's talking about?". That was after my notifications worked flawlessly for ~10 hours in a row. Then, a couple of hours later, they stopped. Now I understand exactly what you're talking about.
I did try clearing Gear Manager cache (and not Connection Manager or anything else this app installs). It didn't help.I didn't have ATNManager installed, as I didn't need it before. Should I try to start messing around with it?

EDITED:
I figured out rebooting the phone brings the notifications back. That's a good enough solution for me at this point of time...
Last edited by mpogr; 22nd April 2014 at 06:57 AM.
22nd April 2014, 02:37 PM |#3  
CarbonWyre's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr

When I read the title of your post this morning, I thought "what the heck he's talking about?". That was after my notifications worked flawlessly for ~10 hours in a row. Then, a couple of hours later, they stopped. Now I understand exactly what you're talking about.
I did try clearing Gear Manager cache (and not Connection Manager or anything else this app installs). It didn't help.I didn't have ATNManager installed, as I didn't need it before. Should I try to start messing around with it?

EDITED:
I figured out rebooting the phone brings the notifications back. That's a good enough solution for me at this point of time...

Did you clear then reset or just reset?
22nd April 2014, 03:04 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonWyre

Did you clear then reset or just reset?

Just reboot did the trick.
29th April 2014, 08:59 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
It's getting quiet here. For me a reboot doesn't always help. Clearing the Cache doesn't help as well. Sometimes there is actually no way to get the notifications working.
29th April 2014, 09:04 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hg10163

It's getting quiet here. For me a reboot doesn't always help. Clearing the Cache doesn't help as well. Sometimes there is actually no way to get the notifications working.

Hey mate, read the new version of the guide, for me notifications have been working ever since.
29th April 2014, 09:07 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr

Hey mate, read the new version of the guide, for me notifications have been working ever since.

Hey there! Are you talking about this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723862 ?
29th April 2014, 09:08 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hg10163

Hey there! Are you talking about this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723862 ?

Yep, that one.
29th April 2014, 03:26 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr

Yep, that one.

Hi. This won't help. Notifications stop whenever they want and there is no reliable way of reactivating them. Sometimes reconnecting within GearManager may help, sometimes rebooting the phone. Sometime nothing at all helps - even not clearing caches, etc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes