Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked? RSDLite won't work

Tip us?

rocketrazr99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrazr99 View Post
It was actually more than just that. I cant remember but saw a thread about it saying that it had an old firmware and a present firmware and it needs a newer firmware, but I am onm the newest one already so I have to wait for one to get pushed out, idk. Now i can get as far as flashing process 17/21, which is the system flash, when te phone returns a fail. i will try a few tricks i learned from prior luck
OK, Rik was right, I didnt have to wait for a new firmware release. I kept trying to flash the most recent version of 4.1.2 and kept hitting a wall at 17/21, which is the flashing of the system image. Occasionally it would fail before that at 16/21, which is CDROM files. That always happened the first attempt after I unhooked the phone and restarted everything, so I started thinking, what is causing the flash to fail for no apparent reason. Then it finally hit me....it was as if my phone was running out of storage space. But that just isnt possible when you are flashing with RSDLite since it wipes out everything first. So I then remembered that my PC has very little room left on its hard drive. Could it be that RSDLite needed more space to work? Hmmmmm, so I deleted a few videos and moved the firmware file to that area (it may or may not help) of the drive and tried again. After the initial fail at 16/21 I was met with a successful flash, although it took a very long time to flash the system image, which I attribute to low disk space. So there you have it.... of course I had to modify the XML file and remove the "getvar" line, and realized I had forgot a golden rule.... all programs and apps need a certain amount of disk drive space in order to operate, and RSDLite is no exception! So now my locked phone will get the carrier unlock edit and Safestrap installed with an extra ROM in slot 1, then it goes on eBay, lol. I have my other RAZR M in semi retirement, it has the BL unlocked as well as the carrier, but I couldnt pass up a new Nexus 5 for $250, but I will surely be swapping the SIM card back and forth because I really miss my RAZR M already. Wish they would make a RAZR M with the processing power of the Nexus 5. Anyhow, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, TY.
The Following User Says Thank You to rocketrazr99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ImDroidxpert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Use this I used it when I bricked mine

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

ImDroidxpert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2249773

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk