29th April 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sulaymanyah
Thanks Meter: 131

1,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi
I want to share some files by using wifi-direct, i did also connected with other device, but when i want to share there is no wifi-direct option sharing list, how i can do it?
My friends gs3 is easily slect file and share it by wifi-direct.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,349

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwtiyar

Hi
I want to share some files by using wifi-direct, i did also connected with other device, but when i want to share there is no wifi-direct option sharing list, how i can do it?
My friends gs3 is easily slect file and share it by wifi-direct.

Nope.... I was confused for a second...
WiFi Direct is 100% completely supported by the HTC One M8. You (& I) were thinking of Samsung, which uses WiFi driect in conjunction with their AllShare/Cast function for sharing media between devices.

WiFi Direct is JUST A DIRECT WIFI CONNECTION BETWEEN DEVICES. It is up to the user to then choose an application or media server that takes advantage of the feature in order to share files or media.

Now, if you ask me, it is ABSOLUTELY SILLY that at a minimum HTC doesn't incorporate the feature into Sense for sharing via Album, or their file explorer, but what are you gonna do?
Last edited by GSLEON3; 29th April 2014 at 05:33 PM.
29th April 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sulaymanyah
Thanks Meter: 131

1,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

Nope.... I was confused for a second...
WiFi Direct is 100% completely supported by the HTC One M8. You (& I) were thinking of Samsung, which uses WiFi driect in conjunction with their AllShare/Cast function for sharing media between devices.

WiFi Direct is JUST A DIRECT WIFI CONNECTION BETWEEN DEVICES. It is up to the user to then choose an application or media server that takes advantage of the feature in order to share files or media.

Now, if you ask me, it is ABSOLUTELY SILLY that at a minimum HTC doesn't incorporate the feature into Sense for sharing via Album, or their file explorer, but what are you gonna do?

No i just want to share files by wifi-direct, but when i wanted to share files when i tap share button there is no wifi-direct option in this option.

29th April 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 296

713 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwtiyar

No i just want to share files by wifi-direct, but when i wanted to share files when i tap share button there is no wifi-direct option in this option.

I recommend you use this app to facilitate sharing files via WiFi Direct. Works great!

SuperBeam | WiFi Direct Share
The Following User Says Thank You to guyd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread