Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi-direct not working

Tip us?

Jwtiyar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Default Wifi-direct not working

Hi
I want to share some files by using wifi-direct, i did also connected with other device, but when i want to share there is no wifi-direct option sharing list, how i can do it?
My friends gs3 is easily slect file and share it by wifi-direct.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
My WebBlog
Me on G+

Nokia N73 >> LG gt540 >> HTC wildfire >> HTC Desire >> Nexus S >> Desire HD >> HTC Sensation >> HTC One X >> HTC One >> Moto G >> HTC One M8
If I helped You Just Press Thanks Button Below

GSLEON3
Old
(Last edited by GSLEON3; 29th April 2014 at 04:33 PM.)
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1319

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwtiyar View Post
Hi
I want to share some files by using wifi-direct, i did also connected with other device, but when i want to share there is no wifi-direct option sharing list, how i can do it?
My friends gs3 is easily slect file and share it by wifi-direct.

Nope.... I was confused for a second...
WiFi Direct is 100% completely supported by the HTC One M8. You (& I) were thinking of Samsung, which uses WiFi driect in conjunction with their AllShare/Cast function for sharing media between devices.

WiFi Direct is JUST A DIRECT WIFI CONNECTION BETWEEN DEVICES. It is up to the user to then choose an application or media server that takes advantage of the feature in order to share files or media.

Now, if you ask me, it is ABSOLUTELY SILLY that at a minimum HTC doesn't incorporate the feature into Sense for sharing via Album, or their file explorer, but what are you gonna do?
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

Jwtiyar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Nope.... I was confused for a second...
WiFi Direct is 100% completely supported by the HTC One M8. You (& I) were thinking of Samsung, which uses WiFi driect in conjunction with their AllShare/Cast function for sharing media between devices.

WiFi Direct is JUST A DIRECT WIFI CONNECTION BETWEEN DEVICES. It is up to the user to then choose an application or media server that takes advantage of the feature in order to share files or media.

Now, if you ask me, it is ABSOLUTELY SILLY that at a minimum HTC doesn't incorporate the feature into Sense for sharing via Album, or their file explorer, but what are you gonna do?
No i just want to share files by wifi-direct, but when i wanted to share files when i tap share button there is no wifi-direct option in this option.

My WebBlog
Me on G+

Nokia N73 >> LG gt540 >> HTC wildfire >> HTC Desire >> Nexus S >> Desire HD >> HTC Sensation >> HTC One X >> HTC One >> Moto G >> HTC One M8
If I helped You Just Press Thanks Button Below

guyd
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwtiyar View Post
No i just want to share files by wifi-direct, but when i wanted to share files when i tap share button there is no wifi-direct option in this option.
I recommend you use this app to facilitate sharing files via WiFi Direct. Works great!

SuperBeam | WiFi Direct Share

Code:

Phone: HTC One M8 (at&t)     Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)
  ROM: ViperOne M8 1.8.0       ROM: AOKP 4.4.3 (06/14)
  Kernel: Elemental-X 0.18     Kernel: Elemental-X 2.13
  Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0       Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1
  Radio: 1.19.21331147A1.09G   Bootloader: 4.0.2