Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 48,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 ROMs D801 T-Mobile Cause Colored Horizontal Lines

Tip us?

zone23
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,002

DONATE TO ME
Default 4.4.2 ROMs D801 T-Mobile Cause Colored Horizontal Lines

I'm pretty sure this is a common problem (I hope) but can't find an answer. After I flash a 4.4.2 ROM on first boot the phone unlocks fine. Once it turns off I try to turn it back on and I get horizontal colored lines and can't unlock the phone. Anyone know what my problem is? Thanks.

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I'm pretty sure this is a common problem (I hope) but can't find an answer. After I flash a 4.4.2 ROM on first boot the phone unlocks fine. Once it turns off I try to turn it back on and I get horizontal colored lines and can't unlock the phone. Anyone know what my problem is? Thanks.
Yup, common problem with the new TMO G2's. There's a workaround:

I'm assuming the ROM you're trying is something like CloudyFlex? Anyways, here's what you'll have to do.

1) Install this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664652 (It takes a LONG time to flash, 5-10 mins but be patient!)

2) DO NOT REBOOT device after it installs. Instead, wipe data and cache then flash your desired ROM, CloudyFlex for example.

3) Then flash SuperSU. (DO NOT FORGET THIS PART <<<< Very important part or else you're stuck with that ROM)

4) Then reboot phone and enjoy ROM.

Doing this way you lose recovery but you can gain it back by using this simple to use app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496

P.S. This whole procedure only applies to LG KK ROM's, if you wish to flash AOSP ROM's like CM11, the regular procedure that you're used to is fine.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
------------------------------
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)
The Following User Says Thank You to mackster248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zone23
Old
Thanks Meter 2,002

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248 View Post
Yup, common problem with the new TMO G2's. There's a workaround:

I'm assuming the ROM you're trying is something like CloudyFlex? Anyways, here's what you'll have to do.

1) Install this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664652 (It takes a LONG time to flash, 5-10 mins but be patient!)

2) DO NOT REBOOT device after it installs. Instead, wipe data and cache then flash your desired ROM, CloudyFlex for example.

3) Then flash SuperSU. (DO NOT FORGET THIS PART <<<< Very important part or else you're stuck with that ROM)

4) Then reboot phone and enjoy ROM.

Doing this way you lose recovery but you can gain it back by using this simple to use app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496

P.S. This whole procedure only applies to LG KK ROM's, if you wish to flash AOSP ROM's like CM11, the regular procedure that you're used to is fine.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck!
Thanks a lot!

Edit:
I did see AutoRec but wasn't sure I needed to do that.

zone23
Old
(Last edited by zone23; 29th April 2014 at 02:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,002

DONATE TO ME
Does this create problems in going back to 4.2.2 ROMs?

Do I have to do step #1 every time I flash a 4.4.2 ROM or just the first time?

Can I still restore a backup from recovery?

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Does this create problems in going back to 4.2.2 ROMs?

Do I have to do step #1 every time I flash a 4.4.2 ROM or just the first time?

Can I still restore a backup from recovery?
No on your first question. Pertaining to your second question, this whole process is only needed if you wish to use any of the LG KitKat ROM's such as CloudyFlex, CloudyPro, Lightning ROM, etc etc.
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

zone23
Old
Thanks Meter 2,002

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248 View Post
No on your first question. Pertaining to your second question, this whole process is only needed if you wish to use any of the LG KitKat ROM's such as CloudyFlex, CloudyPro, Lightning ROM, etc etc.
OK I think I get now.

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK I think I get now.
Awesome. Can't hurt to ask questions though, good luck!

Just remember to NEVER EVER forget flashing the SU part. I made that mistake and paying for it, so I'm making sure no one else makes the same mistake lol.
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

The Following User Says Thank You to mackster248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]