FORUMS

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

4.4.2 ROMs D801 T-Mobile Cause Colored Horizontal Lines

5,330 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,291
 
By zone23, Recognized Contributor on 29th April 2014, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm pretty sure this is a common problem (I hope) but can't find an answer. After I flash a 4.4.2 ROM on first boot the phone unlocks fine. Once it turns off I try to turn it back on and I get horizontal colored lines and can't unlock the phone. Anyone know what my problem is? Thanks.
 
 
29th April 2014, 01:10 AM |#2  
mackster248's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 665
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23

I'm pretty sure this is a common problem (I hope) but can't find an answer. After I flash a 4.4.2 ROM on first boot the phone unlocks fine. Once it turns off I try to turn it back on and I get horizontal colored lines and can't unlock the phone. Anyone know what my problem is? Thanks.

Yup, common problem with the new TMO G2's. There's a workaround:

I'm assuming the ROM you're trying is something like CloudyFlex? Anyways, here's what you'll have to do.

1) Install this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664652 (It takes a LONG time to flash, 5-10 mins but be patient!)

2) DO NOT REBOOT device after it installs. Instead, wipe data and cache then flash your desired ROM, CloudyFlex for example.

3) Then flash SuperSU. (DO NOT FORGET THIS PART <<<< Very important part or else you're stuck with that ROM)

4) Then reboot phone and enjoy ROM.

Doing this way you lose recovery but you can gain it back by using this simple to use app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496

P.S. This whole procedure only applies to LG KK ROM's, if you wish to flash AOSP ROM's like CM11, the regular procedure that you're used to is fine.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to mackster248 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 01:20 AM |#3  
zone23's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,291
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248

Yup, common problem with the new TMO G2's. There's a workaround:

I'm assuming the ROM you're trying is something like CloudyFlex? Anyways, here's what you'll have to do.

1) Install this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664652 (It takes a LONG time to flash, 5-10 mins but be patient!)

2) DO NOT REBOOT device after it installs. Instead, wipe data and cache then flash your desired ROM, CloudyFlex for example.

3) Then flash SuperSU. (DO NOT FORGET THIS PART <<<< Very important part or else you're stuck with that ROM)

4) Then reboot phone and enjoy ROM.

Doing this way you lose recovery but you can gain it back by using this simple to use app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496

P.S. This whole procedure only applies to LG KK ROM's, if you wish to flash AOSP ROM's like CM11, the regular procedure that you're used to is fine.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck!

Thanks a lot!

Edit:
I did see AutoRec but wasn't sure I needed to do that.
29th April 2014, 01:25 AM |#4  
zone23's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,291
 
Donate to Me
More
Does this create problems in going back to 4.2.2 ROMs?

Do I have to do step #1 every time I flash a 4.4.2 ROM or just the first time?

Can I still restore a backup from recovery?
Last edited by zone23; 29th April 2014 at 02:35 AM.
29th April 2014, 05:46 AM |#5  
mackster248's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 665
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23

Does this create problems in going back to 4.2.2 ROMs?

Do I have to do step #1 every time I flash a 4.4.2 ROM or just the first time?

Can I still restore a backup from recovery?

No on your first question. Pertaining to your second question, this whole process is only needed if you wish to use any of the LG KitKat ROM's such as CloudyFlex, CloudyPro, Lightning ROM, etc etc.
29th April 2014, 02:41 PM |#6  
zone23's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,291
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248

No on your first question. Pertaining to your second question, this whole process is only needed if you wish to use any of the LG KitKat ROM's such as CloudyFlex, CloudyPro, Lightning ROM, etc etc.

OK I think I get now.
29th April 2014, 05:44 PM |#7  
mackster248's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 665
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23

OK I think I get now.

Awesome. Can't hurt to ask questions though, good luck!

Just remember to NEVER EVER forget flashing the SU part. I made that mistake and paying for it, so I'm making sure no one else makes the same mistake lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to mackster248 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes