OP N4R4Y4N

28th April 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag San Benedetto del Tronto
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
More
Hello guys.
I wanna start saying that i found a couple of threads about this issue but none of them was about the 2013 version of this tablet.
Two days ago I was on a plane to London, i turned off my Nexus 7 2013 (the device has at max 3 months and i bought it brand new) that was fully charged.
During the flight I didn't turn it on...when I was at home, approximately 3 hours after, I tried to turn it on without success...tried to recharge it but no response from it...no blinking or steady white light.
Till now I still can't figure out what happened to it considering I just turned it off normally.
I tried all the steps provided by several google official support pages without luck. I also opened the back cover too see if some connectors were not properly attached; no problems there.
I am really starting to think that something broke.
My question would be: I bought it directly from Amazon and I was wondering if it's a problem that I rooted it and I installed a custom rom on it. Is it possible that sending it back will result in having it back myself without any kind of repair attempt?
Thanks to everyone will give this some time
28th April 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 1,242

2,120 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you happened to try booting it into fastboot regardless of it not actually starting up? It's a long shot but you could try it.

Also if Amazon can't turn it on either it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag San Benedetto del Tronto
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldflame09

Have you happened to try booting it into fastboot regardless of it not actually starting up? It's a long shot but you could try it.

Also if Amazon can't turn it on either it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

By fastboot you mean the procedure where you have to press volume down + power button?
Anyways i kinda tried everything, it just doesn't respond.
Altough what I noticed just yesterday was that if I plug it to the charger it gets warm on the back, upper part meaning that the power still goes through...
But thinking that this is something related to the battery doesn't feel right...it was fully charged when I turned it off the last time.
I think i should give it back with RMA...It feels like the only choice i have.
The Following User Says Thank You to N4R4Y4N For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #4  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4R4Y4N

I think i should give it back with RMA...It feels like the only choice i have.

I agree with that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread