[Q] Correct procedure for updating nightlies on tate?

OP scarystuff

29th April 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I have kitkat on my Kindle fire HD 7" (tate) but it's an old build from january and I would like to update it to a newer build. What is the correct way of doing that, so I don't lose any programs or information I have stored on my Kindle already? Also I saw that there were now unofficial builds from cyanogenmods site. Should I use those instead of Hashcodes builds?
29th April 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarystuff

I have kitkat on my Kindle fire HD 7" (tate) but it's an old build from january and I would like to update it to a newer build. What is the correct way of doing that, so I don't lose any programs or information I have stored on my Kindle already? Also I saw that there were now unofficial builds from cyanogenmods site. Should I use those instead of Hashcodes builds?

The unofficial builds are the ones built before the Tate became official device. The official ones will be the newer ones and the one you want to use should you want to run nightlies.

I use Titanium Backup to back up my apps and data. The free one is good and will work fine but the donate version is better. Backup only user apps and data unless you have a specific purpose and know the problems that could occur.

You want to download the ROM and Gapps onto your internal SD card, boot into TWRP and verify the downloads are there. Now run a full backup. Then "Swipe" to factory reset and flash the ROM and Gapps. Now wipe cache and dalvic and boot into system.

Profit.

Edit: You alway want to verify the checksum as well to make sure the download is complete and uncorrupted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by LinearEquation; 29th April 2014 at 05:22 PM.
29th April 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

The unofficial builds are the ones built before the Tate became official device. The official ones will be the newer ones and the one you want to use should you want to run nightlies.

I use Titanium Backup to back up my apps and data. The free one is good and will work fine but the donate version is better. Backup only user apps and data unless you have a specific purpose and know the problems that could occur.

You want to download the ROM and Gapps onto your internal SD card, boot into TWRP and verify the downloads are there. Now run a full backup. Then "Swipe" to factory reset and flash the ROM and Gapps. Now wipe cache and dalvic and boot into system.

Profit.

Edit: You alway want to verify the checksum as well to make sure the download is complete and uncorrupted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the reply. I have a lot of apps I have gotten from App Of The Day, will those also be preserved as full apps if I do as you mentioned?
29th April 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #4  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarystuff

Thanks for the reply. I have a lot of apps I have gotten from App Of The Day, will those also be preserved as full apps if I do as you mentioned?

Yes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread