Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gamma news

Tip us?
 
parsifal968
Old
#11  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 69
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
It dies change gamma but not consistently through all colors

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
but... This means that the gamma values ​​can be changed by software and the kernel is not gamma locked!

how about a modiefied rom that provides some scalers to color change interface?
 
majnu
Old
#12  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsifal968 View Post
but... This means that the gamma values ​​can be changed by software and the kernel is not gamma locked!

how about a modiefied rom that provides some scalers to color change interface?
Exactly what I was thinking.

Basically something that allows us to independently adjust Hue, Saturation and Luminance for RGB.
 
TonyBigs
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 424
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by majnu View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Basically something that allows us to independently adjust Hue, Saturation and Luminance for RGB.
I can't seem to make any improvement using this feature. I can certainly make things worse.

I suspect this feature is to help with color blindness. Best position is top center.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyBigs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
parsifal968
Old
#14  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 69
Join Date: Mar 2011
Top center is default.
Try small adjustment. .. very small!

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
 
TonyBigs
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 424
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsifal968 View Post
Top center is default.
Try small adjustment. .. very small!

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
I have. Sometimes I just slightly roll my fingertip.

From what I can tell: Left/Right is Hue/Tint Up/Down is Saturation (maybe some Gamma).
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more