Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 39,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] URGENT... need stock firmware

Tip us?

Ghost
Old
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3829
Moderator information,

I have removed a post. Remember forum rules. When posting in a thread please give as much information as possible.

Ghost

liamarmitage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys has anyone got any info on my question? Really want to get my phone back to stock. Having alsorts of problems.

I've managed to get the os back on and the clockwork recovery however I keep getting issues with apps being installed on sd card not being read and all my pictures that were on there seem to have gone also.

Cheers

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1400

DONATE TO ME
No it won't. The only way to remove those is with S-off and spoofing them. There are a few guides about it in the general forum section. As for stock recovery, I'm not sure what recovery versions match up with what carriers.. If you can obtain an ota zip file for your carrier you can extract the recovery.img from it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 Everything Explained Thread

liamarmitage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok thanks for the info. It makes sense although the issues I'm seeing are very odd.

Looks like any app installed on my sd card now shows as not installed and pics taken today that were also stored on the sd card have gone. Not sure what's going on...

Thanks again