Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Compile Error

OP cjhmdm

29th April 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 33

155 posts
More
I'm attempting to build omni rom from source on my mac for my galaxy note 2 N7100 and ran into the following error:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/samsung/smdk4412-common/proprietary/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so', needed by `/Volumes/android/omnirom/out/target/product/n7100/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so'.  Stop.
I ran through all the steps again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks

FYI, I created an omnirom.xml inside the local_manifests folder, here are the contents:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote  name="omnirom"
           review="gerrit.omnirom.org"
           fetch="https://github.com/omnirom" />
  <project path="device/samsung/n7100" name="android_device_samsung_n7100" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" name="android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="hardware/samsung" name="android_hardware_samsung" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" name="android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
</manifest>
EDIT: I went through the process again and came across the following error from extract-files.sh:
Code:
remote object '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' does not exist
I currently have omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip installed.
Last edited by cjhmdm; 29th April 2014 at 10:23 AM.
29th April 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2,073

3,923 posts
Try adding the Donkey Coyote vendor repo to your local manifest.

https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote/prop...ee/android-4.4
29th April 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonsAsinorem

Try adding the Donkey Coyote vendor repo to your local manifest.

https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote/prop...ee/android-4.4

Hi, I'm a bit new to this so trying to figure out how to add this repo. Would you mind giving an example? Thanks

Also, I searched the repo and the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist so I'm not sure it would help me.
Last edited by cjhmdm; 29th April 2014 at 12:29 PM.
29th April 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #4  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 14

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhmdm

Hi, I'm a bit new to this so trying to figure out how to add this repo. Would you mind giving an example? Thanks

Also, I searched the repo and the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist so I'm not sure it would help me.

Can you find the file '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' on your phone ? The script uses "adb pull ..." to retrieve these proprietary files from your handset, so it first needs to exist on your device (it will) and secondly adb needs to be functional. (for what it's worth, you'll also find that file in the nightly zip but you don't want it).

To start with can you do simple things like:
adb devices
adb shell

Is your path setup correctly and pointing to the SDK ?

There are instructions for "configuring USB access" over at the android developers site.
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

I have this configured on my machine, but I honestly can't remember if I did this manually or if it was done automagically during the initial repo setup.
29th April 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodgE

Can you find the file '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' on your phone ? The script uses "adb pull ..." to retrieve these proprietary files from your handset, so it first needs to exist on your device (it will) and secondly adb needs to be functional. (for what it's worth, you'll also find that file in the nightly zip but you don't want it).

To start with can you do simple things like:
adb devices
adb shell

Is your path setup correctly and pointing to the SDK ?

There are instructions for "configuring USB access" over at the android developers site.
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

I have this configured on my machine, but I honestly can't remember if I did this manually or if it was done automagically during the initial repo setup.

Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply. My build environment is setup and configured correctly. All of my paths are correct, etc.

In searching my device, which is running omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip, the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist, nor does the 'binary' version exist in the rom zip file.
29th April 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 3,719

4,344 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhmdm

Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply. My build environment is setup and configured correctly. All of my paths are correct, etc.

In searching my device, which is running omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip, the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist, nor does the 'binary' version exist in the rom zip file.

Just add DonkeyCoyote repo as mentioned above and build.
BTW, omnirom remote is already configured by default, you don't need to do it in local manifest.
29th April 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta

Just add DonkeyCoyote repo as mentioned above and build.
BTW, omnirom remote is already configured by default, you don't need to do it in local manifest.

Could you provide an example of how I can add that repo? I'm trying to figure out to add it but haven't had much success so far.

Thanks in advance
29th April 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #8  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 40,798

12,143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Code:
<remote fetch="https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote" name="donkey" />
<project name="proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="donkey" revision="android-4.4" />

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread