Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 48,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Compile Error

Tip us?

cjhmdm
Old
(Last edited by cjhmdm; 29th April 2014 at 09:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Compile Error

I'm attempting to build omni rom from source on my mac for my galaxy note 2 N7100 and ran into the following error:

Code:
Select Code
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/samsung/smdk4412-common/proprietary/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so', needed by `/Volumes/android/omnirom/out/target/product/n7100/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so'.  Stop.
I ran through all the steps again to make sure I didn't miss anything, but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks

FYI, I created an omnirom.xml inside the local_manifests folder, here are the contents:

Code:
Select Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote  name="omnirom"
           review="gerrit.omnirom.org"
           fetch="https://github.com/omnirom" />
  <project path="device/samsung/n7100" name="android_device_samsung_n7100" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" name="android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="hardware/samsung" name="android_hardware_samsung" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
  <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" name="android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" remote="omnirom" revision="android-4.4"/>
</manifest>
EDIT: I went through the process again and came across the following error from extract-files.sh:
Code:
Select Code
remote object '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' does not exist
I currently have omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip installed.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.

PonsAsinorem
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2028

DONATE TO ME
Try adding the Donkey Coyote vendor repo to your local manifest.

https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote/prop...ee/android-4.4

"Defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession;
you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is
that it's not literally illegal to express.
" ~The InterWebz

cjhmdm
Old
(Last edited by cjhmdm; 29th April 2014 at 11:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonsAsinorem View Post
Try adding the Donkey Coyote vendor repo to your local manifest.

https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote/prop...ee/android-4.4
Hi, I'm a bit new to this so trying to figure out how to add this repo. Would you mind giving an example? Thanks

Also, I searched the repo and the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist so I'm not sure it would help me.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.

FrodgE
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhmdm View Post
Hi, I'm a bit new to this so trying to figure out how to add this repo. Would you mind giving an example? Thanks

Also, I searched the repo and the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist so I'm not sure it would help me.
Can you find the file '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' on your phone ? The script uses "adb pull ..." to retrieve these proprietary files from your handset, so it first needs to exist on your device (it will) and secondly adb needs to be functional. (for what it's worth, you'll also find that file in the nightly zip but you don't want it).

To start with can you do simple things like:
adb devices
adb shell

Is your path setup correctly and pointing to the SDK ?

There are instructions for "configuring USB access" over at the android developers site.
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

I have this configured on my machine, but I honestly can't remember if I did this manually or if it was done automagically during the initial repo setup.

cjhmdm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodgE View Post
Can you find the file '/system/lib/libExynosHWCService.so' on your phone ? The script uses "adb pull ..." to retrieve these proprietary files from your handset, so it first needs to exist on your device (it will) and secondly adb needs to be functional. (for what it's worth, you'll also find that file in the nightly zip but you don't want it).

To start with can you do simple things like:
adb devices
adb shell

Is your path setup correctly and pointing to the SDK ?

There are instructions for "configuring USB access" over at the android developers site.
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

I have this configured on my machine, but I honestly can't remember if I did this manually or if it was done automagically during the initial repo setup.
Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply. My build environment is setup and configured correctly. All of my paths are correct, etc.

In searching my device, which is running omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip, the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist, nor does the 'binary' version exist in the rom zip file.

UtkarshGupta
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhmdm View Post
Hello, thanks for taking the time to reply. My build environment is setup and configured correctly. All of my paths are correct, etc.

In searching my device, which is running omni-4.4.2-20140428-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip, the file libExynosHWCService.so doesn't exist, nor does the 'binary' version exist in the rom zip file.
Just add DonkeyCoyote repo as mentioned above and build.
BTW, omnirom remote is already configured by default, you don't need to do it in local manifest.

cjhmdm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta View Post
Just add DonkeyCoyote repo as mentioned above and build.
BTW, omnirom remote is already configured by default, you don't need to do it in local manifest.
Could you provide an example of how I can add that repo? I'm trying to figure out to add it but haven't had much success so far.

Thanks in advance

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 39227

DONATE TO ME
Code:
Select Code
<remote fetch="https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote" name="donkey" />
<project name="proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="donkey" revision="android-4.4" />