Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM auto installer?

Tip us?
 
legacygt777
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 142
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default CWM auto installer?

basic stuff that I novice is still learning.

my phone came with atomic gb 7

I had issues and did the hard reset and I still had problems.

here are the directions:
Installation Instructions [ Locked Bootloader ]

1. Flash Stock .58 enhanced
2. Root and install CWM
3. Download the rom from downloads and put it on SD Card
4. Boot into recovery
5. Wipe Data/factory reset
6. Go to advanced-Wipe Dalvik Cache and go back
7. Go to Mounts and Storage-Format /System and go back
8. Flash the rom and device patch and wifi modules
9. Reboot and enjoy the Dual Core Xperia PLAY

I flashed stock, and rooted. my phone has locked bootloader.
Where can I find the right CWM? the market store and install directly from phone?

would appreciate some help. thanks. this forum has been so helpful.
 
legacygt777
Old
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 142
Join Date: Jun 2010
I found this but I want to make sure.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1437840
The Following User Says Thank You to legacygt777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
funkyplatypus
Old
(Last edited by funkyplatypus; 26th April 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fairport
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacygt777 View Post
I found this but I want to make sure.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1437840
That one (X-Parts) didn't seem to do anything but I found one that ran from my pc and works as described. I think it's this one but I might be mistaken:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1390771
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funkyplatypus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
legacygt777
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 142
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyplatypus View Post
That one (X-Parts) didn't seem to do anything but I found one that ran from my pc and works as described. I think it's this one but I might be mistaken:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1390771
thanks, got it to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to legacygt777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
funkyplatypus
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fairport
Default locked bootloader

Am I underestanding correctly that you've got a custom kernel on a locked bootloader? (.58 enhanced)
I want to update to Android 4.x for some market apps that require it and can't seem to find guides. From what I have found it seems that the BL must be unlocked.
Any suggestions?
 
TheScriptKitty
Old
#6  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 188
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mexico City

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyplatypus View Post
Am I underestanding correctly that you've got a custom kernel on a locked bootloader? (.58 enhanced)
I want to update to Android 4.x for some market apps that require it and can't seem to find guides. From what I have found it seems that the BL must be unlocked.
Any suggestions?
Stock .58 enhanced is Official firmware that is why you are able to install it with a Locked Bootloader. In order to be able to Flash a Costume Kernel(witch is needed for Android 4.1.2) you will need to Unlock your Bootloader.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes