Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Now would HTC bring 720P SlowMo to the M7 in the upcoming official Sense 6 update

Tip us?
 
nerdAFK
Old
#1  
nerdAFK's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 106
Join Date: Mar 2013
Unhappy Now would HTC bring 720P SlowMo to the M7 in the upcoming official Sense 6 update

The M8 can do 720P at 96fps SlowMo. While the M7 has only been able to do a pathetic 768x432 resolution at 96fps, not even 480P, which is just such a low standard already.

Since the M8 uses the same camera module as the M7, 720P 96fps SloMo is definitely doable on the M7. The SnapDragon 600 should also be perfectly capable with that.

Another big big issue, no sound is recorded while in SlowMo mode, even on the M8. That is just a ridiculous shame. Details! This is what we call details, HTC! How could you possibly miss this?! Is it hard?

....
....

HTC Sensation
HTC One M7
iPhone 6
iPhone 7
iPhone 8
....

It's really
all about those tiny details, so, finally, here I come, Apple.
The Following User Says Thank You to nerdAFK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cantfindanick
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2013
Qualcomm does not provide drivers for that res. on S600 so it cant. If you can find a S600 device with 720p enabled by manufacturer somebody can try to port it from its kernel and driver.
 
pshdo
Old
#3  
pshdo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 474
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Holbęk
HTC will not try to improve anything... And why should they?
They would rather prefere that you go out and buy a M8 device also...
That IS what they live on...

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium HD app
Regards PsHdO
My phones:
HTC: Legend, Desire HD, Sensation, One X, One X+, ONE, ONE DualSim
SONY(/Ericsson): T65, T68, K750, W800, K850, X10i, X10i mini, X10i mini pro, Arc, Ray, S, V, T, Z, Z1, Z1c
Samsung: Galaxy SII, S3, Tab 10.1, Note 10.1, Xcover2
 
fab300
Old
(Last edited by fab300; 26th April 2014 at 07:47 PM.)
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Another big big issue, no sound is recorded while in SlowMo mode, even on the M8. That is just a ridiculous shame. Details! This is what we call details, HTC! How could you possibly miss this?! Is it hard?
Mine does record sound since the 4.3 update, record in slow motion and then play at normal speed would play sound.
 
djason89
Old
#5  
djason89's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 64
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab300 View Post
Mine does record sound since the 4.3 update, record in slow motion and then play at normal speed would play sound.
He means playing sound in slow motion not when you put it in normal speed. This is something the iPhone can do and I don't think if there's actually an android phone out there that does this feature.
 
vcrp94
Old
#6  
vcrp94's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 236
Posts: 666
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Funchal
Quote:
Originally Posted by batongxue View Post
The M8 can do 720P at 96fps SlowMo. While the M7 has only been able to do a pathetic 768x432 resolution at 96fps, not even 480P, which is just such a low standard already.

Since the M8 uses the same camera module as the M7, 720P 96fps SloMo is definitely doable on the M7. The SnapDragon 600 should also be perfectly capable with that.

Another big big issue, no sound is recorded while in SlowMo mode, even on the M8. That is just a ridiculous shame. Details! This is what we call details, HTC! How could you possibly miss this?! Is it hard?
As far as i know this is a limitation of the Snapdragon 600, the S4 also records at sub 720p in slow mo mode and then upscales it to 720p, this isn't about the camera module it is more about the chipset than the module, Snapdragon 800 enabled 4k@30 fps, 1080p@60 fps and 720p slow mo.

Don't know about the sound as it has been that way since the One X. The S4 also doesn't record sound on slow mo.
Look!! A potato! --------------->

HTC One M8 32GB

Previous Android phone: HTC One(M7), HTC One X, Galaxy S3 , LG Optimus 2X, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and Samsung Galaxy Spica.



 
joelxda
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2013
I'd be a lot more interested in them bringing manual focus and shutter speed to the M7.. which again, since it's pretty much the same camera, you'd think they could do it.
 
kusuma.f
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2014
Cant imagine if Slow mo with audio... The audio will Slow to? Lol

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more