Originally Posted by briangp
And now I offically think my phone is screwed. I cant boot into recovery, every time I try it wont enter and just reboots because I'm holding the power and volume down buttons. So far I don't think I can enter download mode either.
How to get into TWRP with hardware keys on G2
1. Make sure phone is completely powered down.
2. Press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button.
3. When the LG logo is displayed release the Power button only then immediately press and hold the Power button again.
4. Release both buttons when the Factory Hard Reset screen displays.
5. Press the power button three times, like it says. Even though it says it will delete everything, it won't (I can confirm that if you are at least on v18.104.22.168).
6. After a "factory reset processing" appears, you should get the TWRP flash screen, and you are good to go.
From this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534981
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk
4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P