45 minutes still no boot.

OP briangp

28th April 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Wiped data cache AND dalvik, flashed to Malladus, installed GApps and LGApps at the same time. Been sitting at the android animation for at least 45 minutes all three times and still wont boot. I'm downloading stock image but was hoping someone had an experience similar and had an easy solution?
28th April 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp

Wiped data cache AND dalvik, flashed to Malladus, installed GApps and LGApps at the same time. Been sitting at the android animation for at least 45 minutes all three times and still wont boot. I'm downloading stock image but was hoping someone had an experience similar and had an easy solution?

And now I offically think my phone is screwed. I cant boot into recovery, every time I try it wont enter and just reboots because I'm holding the power and volume down buttons. So far I don't think I can enter download mode either.
28th April 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 519

1,708 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp

And now I offically think my phone is screwed. I cant boot into recovery, every time I try it wont enter and just reboots because I'm holding the power and volume down buttons. So far I don't think I can enter download mode either.

How to get into TWRP with hardware keys on G2

1. Make sure phone is completely powered down.
2. Press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button.
3. When the LG logo is displayed release the Power button only then immediately press and hold the Power button again.
4. Release both buttons when the Factory Hard Reset screen displays.
5. Press the power button three times, like it says. Even though it says it will delete everything, it won't (I can confirm that if you are at least on v2.6.3.2).
6. After a "factory reset processing" appears, you should get the TWRP flash screen, and you are good to go.

From this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534981
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin

How to get into TWRP with hardware keys on G2

1. Make sure phone is completely powered down.
2. Press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button.
3. When the LG logo is displayed release the Power button only then immediately press and hold the Power button again.
4. Release both buttons when the Factory Hard Reset screen displays.
5. Press the power button three times, like it says. Even though it says it will delete everything, it won't (I can confirm that if you are at least on v2.6.3.2).
6. After a "factory reset processing" appears, you should get the TWRP flash screen, and you are good to go.

From this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2534981

Thanks for replying. I've read how to get into the recovery menu many times. Something is wrong with my phone that prevents me from doing it. I'm assuming its hardware related. I was almost ready to give up yesterday when I found out that if I do the key combo while plugging it into USB, it enters the menu normally. At that point I was able to restore my backup and start again.

I think my phone has a fluke, but I've figured out a way around it.

For those who are using Malladus on Verizon, something was wrong with the radios in the set. I had to find a seperate KK baseband file for the VS980 and flash it over top of the ROM to get it to work. I'm not saying its the same results for everyone, but I tried every variant of his directions (just in case) and was unable to get LTE online. It was the seperate BB file later on that fixed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to briangp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank