FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

-Deleted-

27th April 2014, 02:50 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Deleted.
Last edited by Neko Ed; 6th May 2014 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Problem resolved.

27th April 2014, 08:04 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Exclamation
Bumped, updated with new information.
27th April 2014, 09:43 PM |#3  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Have you tried another router that has a different radio chipset to confirm the issue still persists?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 12:28 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x

Have you tried another router that has a different radio chipset to confirm the issue still persists?

I have not tried this yet, I plan to attempt this with an LTE WiFi hotspot (though I must be careful not to abuse this, or AT&T will ream me with the bill). I have noticed that it seems to become more and more unstable as time goes on, up to the point where rebooting the router is manditory to use WiFi. As I mentioned, the demo units in Best Buy also displayed this behavior. I do not have a way to significantly load up the hotspot, however, though I am starting to discount the possibility that load has something to do with it.

The biggest difficulty is Android's recent increase in "security" (The kind that keeps the device safe from us rather than the way it should be) makes any debugging impossible without rooting, blowing the e-Fuse and invalidating the warranty, which I do not want to do, since if I cannot resolve this issue I will not keep the tablet.
28th April 2014, 03:19 PM |#5  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 78

More
The fact that rebooting the router clears the issue for a while leads me to conclude it's a misbehaving router more than anything else.

28th April 2014, 11:47 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x

The fact that rebooting the router clears the issue for a while leads me to conclude it's a misbehaving router more than anything else.

Possible, however, as I mentioned, the demo units in Best Buy were similarly affected. I highly doubt that Best Buy uses the same cheap router I do for their in-store public WiFi access.
29th April 2014, 08:15 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Bumping again with new information, edited into original post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread