Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,486 Members 44,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

-Deleted-

Tip us?

Neko Ed
Old
(Last edited by Neko Ed; 6th May 2014 at 02:33 AM.) Reason: Problem resolved.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation -Deleted-

Deleted.

Neko Ed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bumped, updated with new information.

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Have you tried another router that has a different radio chipset to confirm the issue still persists?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Neko Ed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x View Post
Have you tried another router that has a different radio chipset to confirm the issue still persists?

I have not tried this yet, I plan to attempt this with an LTE WiFi hotspot (though I must be careful not to abuse this, or AT&T will ream me with the bill). I have noticed that it seems to become more and more unstable as time goes on, up to the point where rebooting the router is manditory to use WiFi. As I mentioned, the demo units in Best Buy also displayed this behavior. I do not have a way to significantly load up the hotspot, however, though I am starting to discount the possibility that load has something to do with it.

The biggest difficulty is Android's recent increase in "security" (The kind that keeps the device safe from us rather than the way it should be) makes any debugging impossible without rooting, blowing the e-Fuse and invalidating the warranty, which I do not want to do, since if I cannot resolve this issue I will not keep the tablet.

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 59
The fact that rebooting the router clears the issue for a while leads me to conclude it's a misbehaving router more than anything else.

Neko Ed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x View Post
The fact that rebooting the router clears the issue for a while leads me to conclude it's a misbehaving router more than anything else.

Possible, however, as I mentioned, the demo units in Best Buy were similarly affected. I highly doubt that Best Buy uses the same cheap router I do for their in-store public WiFi access.

Neko Ed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bumping again with new information, edited into original post.