Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

-Deleted-

OP Neko Ed

27th April 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Deleted.
Last edited by Neko Ed; 6th May 2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Problem resolved.
27th April 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Exclamation
Bumped, updated with new information.
27th April 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 75

348 posts
More
Have you tried another router that has a different radio chipset to confirm the issue still persists?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x

Have you tried another router that has a different radio chipset to confirm the issue still persists?

I have not tried this yet, I plan to attempt this with an LTE WiFi hotspot (though I must be careful not to abuse this, or AT&T will ream me with the bill). I have noticed that it seems to become more and more unstable as time goes on, up to the point where rebooting the router is manditory to use WiFi. As I mentioned, the demo units in Best Buy also displayed this behavior. I do not have a way to significantly load up the hotspot, however, though I am starting to discount the possibility that load has something to do with it.

The biggest difficulty is Android's recent increase in "security" (The kind that keeps the device safe from us rather than the way it should be) makes any debugging impossible without rooting, blowing the e-Fuse and invalidating the warranty, which I do not want to do, since if I cannot resolve this issue I will not keep the tablet.
28th April 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 75

348 posts
More
The fact that rebooting the router clears the issue for a while leads me to conclude it's a misbehaving router more than anything else.

29th April 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x

The fact that rebooting the router clears the issue for a while leads me to conclude it's a misbehaving router more than anything else.

Possible, however, as I mentioned, the demo units in Best Buy were similarly affected. I highly doubt that Best Buy uses the same cheap router I do for their in-store public WiFi access.
29th April 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Bumping again with new information, edited into original post.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread