[Q] Reading texts aloud?

OP billku

29th April 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

271 posts
Haven't purchased a Neo yet as I'm investigating...what are the steps involved to get the Neo to read your texts aloud? I want this function while I'm driving, but I'd love to not have to remember to put the phone into Hands-Free mode every time I drive (and turn it off afterwards). I'm hoping it's as simple as a double press of the Neo home button and asking S-Voice to read my latest texts. Does anyone know? Thanks so much!
29th April 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billku

Haven't purchased a Neo yet as I'm investigating...what are the steps involved to get the Neo to read your texts aloud? I want this function while I'm driving, but I'd love to not have to remember to put the phone into Hands-Free mode every time I drive (and turn it off afterwards). I'm hoping it's as simple as a double press of the Neo home button and asking S-Voice to read my latest texts. Does anyone know? Thanks so much!

Yup, you can do exactly what you are asking. You can change home button double tap so it launches S Voice.
29th April 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badback

Yup, you can do exactly what you are asking. You can change home button double tap so it launches S Voice.

And the phone doesn't have to be in hands-free mode for the watch to read the texts aloud after issuing the proper voice command to S-Voice?
29th April 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Yes, I never use hands free mode. For example if I'm driving I can double tap home to start S Voice and say "read messages from _____" and reply etc. But the watch can only read back txts from the stock Samsung msging app currently. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by badback; 29th April 2014 at 11:21 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread