[Q] TWRP Backup for JellyBean?

OP Tyberius777

29th April 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I have TWRP custom recovery installed on my LG G2 VS980.
I also have Kit Kat 4.4.2 installed and rooted.
I would like to revert back to Stock Jellybean.

The problem is that I can't seem to get my phone to be recognized as a com port for various driver issues and reasons. I think It's because I am running windows 8...

I'm not a computer genius but have been loving making Nandroid backups on TWRP and have used it multiple times after messing up my phone. The issue I'm having though is that I don't have a Nandroid of Jellybean and don't know if it's even possible to simply just revert back to Jellybean from Kitkat with a previous Jellybean Nandroid backup if I could even find one somewhere...

I feel like if this was possible it would be a lot simpler than all the annoyances pitfalls that come with using the flashtool:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45694605

Case in Point, is it possible to use a previous Jellybean Nandroid backup in TWRP to revert from Kit Kat back to Jellybean.
If it's not does anyone have a good link to how I could get my stinking phone to be recognized as a com port in windows 8... lol
29th April 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 520

1,711 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyberius777

I have TWRP custom recovery installed on my LG G2 VS980.
I also have Kit Kat 4.4.2 installed and rooted.
I would like to revert back to Stock Jellybean.

The problem is that I can't seem to get my phone to be recognized as a com port for various driver issues and reasons. I think It's because I am running windows 8...

I'm not a computer genius but have been loving making Nandroid backups on TWRP and have used it multiple times after messing up my phone. The issue I'm having though is that I don't have a Nandroid of Jellybean and don't know if it's even possible to simply just revert back to Jellybean from Kitkat with a previous Jellybean Nandroid backup if I could even find one somewhere...

I feel like if this was possible it would be a lot simpler than all the annoyances pitfalls that come with using the flashtool:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45694605

Case in Point, is it possible to use a previous Jellybean Nandroid backup in TWRP to revert from Kit Kat back to Jellybean.
If it's not does anyone have a good link to how I could get my stinking phone to be recognized as a com port in windows 8... lol

You cannot restore a Jellybean nandroid to a phone running KitKat in most cases... remember that a nandroid does not normally backup/restore things like radios and bootloader, and in general you have to be on matching ones (bootloader/radio/ROM) or you will softbrick.

The good part is restoring to stock is easy, and there is a step by step guide here.
29th April 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin

You cannot restore a Jellybean nandroid to a phone running KitKat in most cases... remember that a nandroid does not normally backup/restore things like radios and bootloader, and in general you have to be on matching ones (bootloader/radio/ROM) or you will softbrick.

The good part is restoring to stock is easy, and there is a step by step guide here.

Ah! I see, thanks for the info. Did you mean to put a link to a step by step guide after that last part?
29th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 520

1,711 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyberius777

Ah! I see, thanks for the info. Did you mean to put a link to a step by step guide after that last part?

Weird... thought I pasted it in, it is in the same forum just a couple posts down: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread