[Q] Dead galaxy S5 ?

OP mic380

21st April 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Hi guys,

My 3 days old S5 suddenly died (original firmware). The phone was working ok, no problems at all. Then I powered off the S5, took out the sim card and used it on my old S3 (cyanogenmod). I left the S5 opened for about an hour, battery not inserted. After using S3 for about an hour I turned it off, took out the sim and put it in the S5. WTF !**!?"*#?"!#
The S5 vibrates, i see the blue light, the start up music plays and some lines an dots appear on the screen for about a second. If I press home or power button the menu and back key light up, that s all ... i tried to call my phone (if the screen was dead) but nothing

The battery is charging (red when charging, then green)

I tried volume up or down + home + power button -> nothing

any help appreciated

best regards

Matija
22nd April 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 29

187 posts
Just try to recover with kies.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd April 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calinormy

Just try to recover with kies.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maybe a hardware deficit. Try letting it die and try again.

Generally though (goes for me and most) if your phone acts up in anyway with no possible fix, send/take it in and get a new one.
29th April 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
UPDATE !!! ( copy/paste from another thread)

I bought a new s5 on the 17th of April, after only four days the phone stopped working. WTF ! ... First everything was fine the phone was working ok ... the fourth day, I powered off the phone, took out the battery and sim card, I left s5 opened (battery and sim out) on my desk table. (I was by my phone all the time) I was testing something on my s3 and needed the sim card. After less then an hour I have put the sim and battery back in my s5 and powered on the phone. The phone vibrated, the blue light went on but the screen was black (only some lines appeared when booted, but not every time)... WTF ... I couldnīt call my self so I thought, there is something wrong with the phone and a took it to samsung repair shop... and then the bad news... they told me the screen is broken !! ... but there were no marks on my screen ... the screen broke inside on the upper right corner... and the repair would cost me around 200eur ... I was so fu***in mad ... The phone never fell down ! ... I was extra cautious with the phone ! and the phone was only 4 days old ...

This is probably my last samsung phone.

And here the question

I hope Iīm not wrong but, ... if the screen cracks, then the phone should work normal (ok you donīt see anything but all the other functions should work) ... ??? ... because my s5 didnīt boot, at least I think so ... like i said ... the s5 vibrated, blue light went on and the back and menu key lighted when pressed ... BUT !!! if you are pressing the volume key (on a working s5) up or down you should hear a beep when the volume is max or min ... on my s5 there was no beep, haptic was not working, but it was 100% turned on .... and my phone number was unreachable !! Patern was turned off !!

Any comments, questions and answers welcome ...

sorry for my bad english

Regards!!

Matija
Last edited by mic380; 29th April 2014 at 09:33 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread