Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Solved] Did I hose myself (Knox poblem?)

OP Akuthia

27th April 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
So, the other day, as samsung was pushing more bloat to my phone, I decided I had had enough Redit told me I could just delete most things from root, I did so by following the instructions from a google search of how-to-root-and-flash-cwm-recovery-on-sprint-galaxy-s4-on-android-4-3-tutorial (except, of course, the back up part)

then, without paying attention to the list of removable apps, I took out Samsung hub, And then the problems start. The phone still works: Except every second or so, i get told that the hub has stopped. The phone isn't bricked, but it is basically worthless with the message popping up constantly.

According to my settings, everything is still stock (L720VPUFNAE) Although I think just rooting it was enough to pop the Knox bubble. I'm not working on getting that rom to try to re-flash back to stock (I thought i had did this over night, but it seems like i had slightly different roms when I was doing this early in the morning)

I also tried installing the Samsung Hub apk, but I get an error stating that X app wasn't installed. I have not been able to find a source for this app while googling.

I've tried finding a custom rom to use, but most of the ones I THINK are good/will work, don't install via odin, and for some reason when I try to boot into recovery, it just sits indefinitely @ the samsung galaxy screen.

Am I just stressed and frustrated, or am I truly hosed?

Edit: I'm currently working through http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2307531 as my next attempt

Edit: for some reason Philz recovery isn't ever entering a recovery mode for me, it just sides @ the samsung screen forever
Last edited by Akuthia; 28th April 2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: more info
27th April 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 187

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuthia

blablabla I deleted something what I shouldn't and now my phone is faulty, but I do not want/can reflash using Odin and CWM

You still can install Mobile Odin from google Play, copy ROM to SD card and try to flash it in that way...
27th April 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

You still can install Mobile Odin from google Play, copy ROM to SD card and try to flash it in that way...

I get it, i deserve the sarcasm, I broke rule 1 of upgrades. (one of) the problems I'm having though is finding the right file to flash to. Just looking for a little bit of advice as to what files I need to get back to " Normal" I know I should be able to flash to another rom, why when I use Philz Recovery it doesn't do what it's supposed to, is beyond me right now. Odin mobile requires the PDA file, correct? That seems fine to getting back to stock, but most of the custom roms I've found or are at least interested in are just files that are installed via recovery...which for some reason I don't have access too, right?
27th April 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #4  

936 posts
More
Quote:

That seems fine to getting back to stock, but most of the custom roms I've found or are at least interested in are just files that are installed via recovery...which for some reason I don't have access too, right?

Correct. If I'd be you, I'd go to sammobile.com, and I'd start from full stock flash. It shall restore recovery. It it would work - you'd be OK to go with custom.
27th April 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

Correct. If I'd be you, I'd go to sammobile.com, and I'd start from full stock flash. It shall restore recovery. It it would work - you'd be OK to go with custom.

Ok, Sammobile has been efforting for about an hour. Has an hour to go. I also got CWM and am going to see if I can flash a rom with it. Transfer of those files is taking a while as well.
28th April 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

Ok, Sammobile has been efforting for about an hour. Has an hour to go. I also got CWM and am going to see if I can flash a rom with it. Transfer of those files is taking a while as well.

Got back to stock. Text messages gave me a fright for a bit was sending me a message they were undeliverable via another code text # one of those 4 or 5 digit things)
28th April 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #7  

936 posts
More
Quote:

Got back to stock. Text messages gave me a fright for a bit was sending me a message they were undeliverable via another code text # one of those 4 or 5 digit things)

Good. Now, a small lesson for the future, if I can:
if you want to remove something, DO NOT delete software, use Titanium Backup and freeze apk first instead.
This will give you opportunity to check if you have frozen something important.
28th April 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

Good. Now, a small lesson for the future, if I can:
if you want to remove something, DO NOT delete software, use Titanium Backup and freeze apk first instead.
This will give you opportunity to check if you have frozen something important.

Thats the thing, i HAD made a backup in titanium of all my system apps, just so i could roll it back, but for some reason, it wasn't listed when the fan got hi by you know what.
29th April 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #9  

936 posts
More
Quote:

Thats the thing, i HAD made a backup in titanium of all my system apps, just so i could roll it back, but for some reason, it wasn't listed when the fan got hi by you know what.

I DID not mentioned BACKUP.
I mentioned FREEZING.
Backup is another copy, which you may, or may not install.
FREEZE is that all files are present, but the application is not listed in system.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread