Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi on 5ghz issues ?

Tip us?

Jonas740
Old
(Last edited by Jonas740; 28th April 2014 at 06:01 AM.) Reason: added info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Wifi on 5ghz issues ?

Hello.

Noticed this morning when watching movie clips off facebook that the clips could just shut down randomly. WTH i thought and tried and tried and sometimes it played the clip longer and sometimes just shut them down.

Switched to 2.4ghz wifi instead and that seemed to work alot better. Even tried the same clips over 3g and that seemed to work aswell hence i belive it is some problem when using the 5ghz.

Signal strength is showing very good on both bands but still problem. Anyone else been having theese problems ?

Im running the .757 NCB firmware with the stock kernel from that firmware and rooted. Bootloader relocked with flashtool. Router im using is the Asus RT-N66U. Never had problems like this with the other phones.

EDIT: Done more testing when at work on pure 3g connection and it opens clips posted on facebook and plays for a little while and then closes them down back to facebook. So it doesent seem to be problems with wifi/3g.

What could cause this ? Dunno what player the facebook apps uses when opening videos.
OnePlus One Black Sandstone edition 64gb - Stock
Xperia Z1 - Stock kernel - .108 - Unlocked Bootloader - Rooted - Has itīs own life
Xperia V - New display and working like a charm.

HeinekenAmstel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I also have a problem with wifi... When I connect to 1 particular modem (sadly my houses) it messes up the modem. The modem behaves like hectic and kicks out all devices, or looses connection. Checked with the provider and they sent 3 technicians. They did not do anything. Please help, as it only happens with this device and it feels like my ZTE modem is allergic to it...

Sorry if it's off topic, but I thought maybe there are any similarities between cases.

mnsk
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I am also having a problem with 5ghz. My wifi keep disconnecting and switching between 5ghz and 2.4 ghz
even when I am in better coverage of 5ghz. Also usually net don't work properly on 5ghz.

Jonas740
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Well I think my problem is gone, or hoping anyway I repaired the phone with Sony update. Unrooted now but it will remain like that until a stable and working software are available.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
OnePlus One Black Sandstone edition 64gb - Stock
Xperia Z1 - Stock kernel - .108 - Unlocked Bootloader - Rooted - Has itīs own life
Xperia V - New display and working like a charm.

newwave19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I experienced issues with the 5ghz and 2.4ghz, but nothing like what you guys have had. Are you using the same SSID for both 5ghz and 2.4ghz? if so try changing them slightly, sorted out my problems, and it also fixed problems that some of my customers were experiencing too.