Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Permanent icon theme

Tip us?

peppe130
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Permanent icon theme

Hi guys.. Is there an app that make permanent my icon pack? For example: my icon pack includes the Facebook icon; when I flash my icon pack, the Facebook stock icon will be replaced by the mine but if I do any update of the Facebook's app, my modified icon will be replaced by the stock one. What should I do to make my icon pack permanent even if I do updates? Thanks

derWolf_
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppe130 View Post
Hi guys.. Is there an app that make permanent my icon pack? For example: my icon pack includes the Facebook icon; when I flash my icon pack, the Facebook stock icon will be replaced by the mine but if I do any update of the Facebook's app, my modified icon will be replaced by the stock one. What should I do to make my icon pack permanent even if I do updates? Thanks
I can't understand what exactly do you want, but try Unicon from the store. It changes permanently the icon of any app

peppe130
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by derWolf_ View Post
I can't understand what exactly do you want, but try Unicon from the store. It changes permanently the icon of any app
I meant: if I change the stock Facebook app icon with an another icon made by me, then, when I'll do an update of the Facebook app, my custom icon will be replaced by the Facebook's original one. Now, to use unicon I have to create an app. How can I create an app with my custom icons inside?

Sammydaskroko
Old
Thanks Meter 253
not possible because an custom rom can include facebook app .. the app then is stored in system/apps by the rom cook.. if a update occurs the update replaces the app and stores it to /data/app .. if you replace an icon in data/apps the app will be removed and renamed .. for example to data/app/com-facebook~.apk so any icon in it is stock ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sammydaskroko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peppe130
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammydaskroko View Post
not possible because an custom rom can include facebook app .. the app then is stored in system/apps by the rom cook.. if a update occurs the update replaces the app and stores it to /data/app .. if you replace an icon in data/apps the app will be removed and renamed .. for example to data/app/com-facebook~.apk so any icon in it is stock ...
Ok thanks!