Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 Zoom + Galaxy Gear

Tip us?

claptnei
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Just followed the instructions in the gear booklet. Turn on nfc and blue tooth on your phone. Touch the gear cradle to the back of the phone and just followed the on screen instructions.
Just read the the booklet and all will be fine

Sent from my SM-C101 using xda app-developers app
Neil.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 Android Version: 4.2.2 Baseband: C101XXUAMK4
Device: Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-V700 Android Version: 4.2.2 Baseband: V700XXUBNC1
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Android Version: 4.1.2 ROM: 4.1.2 stock rooted Baseband: N7000XXLT3
Device: Nexus 7 32Gb Android Version: 4.4.2 Build: KOT49H

zim_zimmer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by claptnei View Post
Just followed the instructions in the gear booklet. Turn on nfc and blue tooth on your phone. Touch the gear cradle to the back of the phone and just followed the on screen instructions.
Just read the the booklet and all will be fine

Thanks for replying, I saw your post in the other thread too.

This sounds good, can't wait to get hold of the S4 zoom now... I just hope that I like the shape and feel of it!

claptnei
Old
(Last edited by claptnei; 28th April 2014 at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
If your into photography you'll love it. I had a note1 which seems massive compared now. But got used to the Zoom s4 very quickly. And with the gear, you don't have to keep pulling your phone out of your pocket to see what the alert was.

Neil.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 Android Version: 4.2.2 Baseband: C101XXUAMK4
Device: Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-V700 Android Version: 4.2.2 Baseband: V700XXUBNC1
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Android Version: 4.1.2 ROM: 4.1.2 stock rooted Baseband: N7000XXLT3
Device: Nexus 7 32Gb Android Version: 4.4.2 Build: KOT49H

zim_zimmer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
If your into photography you'll love it. I had a note1 which seems massive compared now. But got used to the Zoom s4 very quickly. And with the gear, you don't have to keep pulling your phone out of your pocket to see what the alery was.

Yes very true, the gear should compliment the Zoom rather nicely!

markyboy81
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
I see the latest firmware 4.2.2 has gear manager app on the system. Does this not work then?

Great tip I was waiting patiently for 4.4 as I had no idea it would work on 4.2.2. Thanks a lot!
Doesn't seem to be much reason to upgrade the s4 zoom to the k zoom now the gear works with it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk