FORUMS

Xiaomi Mi5 Specs Leaked, CyanogenMod SDK – XDA TV

CyanogenMod is going to release their own SDK! That and much more news is … more

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Dust Proofing/Resistance

27th April 2014, 04:08 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Hi XDA! Apologies for my ignorance as I have not found any search results for my curiosity. As you know, Z2 is dust proof. My question is, what in the world you need a dust resistant phone for? Hahaha.. Yes its a good feature but please enlighten me. I have an S4 which is not a dust-resistant phone and I never had a problem with dust so far.

Thanks in advance.

27th April 2014, 06:20 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,999

Donate to Me
More
I have no idea

Sony claim dust sticks less on surfaces and hardware is affected less by dust

I dont see how dust can realy do much so im on your boat too
27th April 2014, 04:53 PM |#3  
Flag Akershus
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Well in the PC world if you get dust inside your case it will run hotter. Also dust can catch on fire if hot enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xernoxis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 07:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
All i can say is, it's not fustbresistant around the edges, I get plenty of dust around the edge of the screen. A run under the tap fixes that though haha

Sent from my D6503 using xda app-developers app
29th April 2014, 01:24 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I kinda get the idea. So dust resistant means not much dust will stick on the screen? Like rubbing it on a dusty cloth/carpet means dust wont stick? hmmm... lol.
29th April 2014, 03:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What? No, it has to do with the classifications of the certification. Tell me, how do you make a device waterproof without having it also dustproof?
29th April 2014, 04:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Dust can get trapped in places such as the headphone jack, speaker and microphone grills, sides of the buttons and beneath the flaps after they've been opened and over time, if not maintained, can cause wear and tear.
29th April 2014, 10:36 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Find a contractor with a phone that has a removable battery & remove the cover. You'll usually see a ton of dust fall out. It can actually cause SIM/memory card read problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread