Post Reply

[Q] I Cant'flash ANY custom rom on my Note 2???

OP .iKnowRight.

28th March 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ias94

That's strange. I rooted after installing official 4.3 OTA and never had any problem installing a custom ROM. Using Root explorer check in system/app if you have any Knox bits remaining. Maybe it can be the reason why ROMs aren't installing on your phone. Even I have the ML3 bootloader. Also when you're stuck on Samsung Logo after flashing ROM wait for 10 mins or so and then long press the poeer button which will lead you to the Recovery mode. There again wipe cache and dalvik and reboot and select no when prompted something about lost root.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app


Lucky you! Just checke system/app no knox left. hmm ok I'll try AGAIN later :/ after flashing and stuck on samsung logo, should i turn of my phone? or just let it stuck and then press power button after 10 mins?
28th March 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Btw I get stuck on Samsung with GT n7100 and other one is "samsung" only.. I get stuck on those depending on which rom I flash. some times its the one with GT-n7100 sometimes its just the "samsung"
28th March 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #13  
ias94's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
406 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .iKnowRight.

Lucky you! Just checke system/app no knox left. hmm ok I'll try AGAIN later :/ after flashing and stuck on samsung logo, should i turn of my phone? or just let it stuck and then press power button after 10 mins?

Give the ROM sometime to boot, usually takes around 5-10 mins. If the setup screen doesn't show up then long press the power button which will take you to recovery. Then wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by .iKnowRight.

Btw I get stuck on Samsung with GT n7100 and other one is "samsung" only.. I get stuck on those depending on which rom I flash. some times its the one with GT-n7100 sometimes its just the "samsung"

Also I've noticed upon installing different ROMs, after the Samsung GT-7100 logo the LED lights up first and then stays on for a long time, then you get the menu and back keys lighting up, this only happens when the ROM is succesfully flashed. I've just noticed this while trying out different ROMs, may not be true on every phone. So when I notice this I just let the phone boot up and wait for the Setup screen to show up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
28th March 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Thumbs up 6326826 7512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ias94

Give the ROM sometime to boot, usually takes around 5-10 mins. If the setup screen doesn't show up then long press the power button which will take you to recovery. Then wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------



Also I've noticed upon installing different ROMs, after the Samsung GT-7100 logo the LED lights up first and then stays on for a long time, then you get the menu and back keys lighting up, this only happens when the ROM is succesfully flashed. I've just noticed this while trying out different ROMs, may not be true on every phone. So when I notice this I just let the phone boot up and wait for the Setup screen to show up.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app


OMG! I FINALLY DID IT! It turns out you were right bro! I wass too impatient about it thinking im stuck, but it was actually loading the entire time! IM SO STUPID HAHAHAHA!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME THANKS! Im so happy right now.
28th March 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #15  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,644
 
2,741 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by .iKnowRight.

OMG! I FINALLY DID IT! It turns out you were right bro! I wass too impatient about it thinking im stuck, but it was actually loading the entire time! IM SO STUPID HAHAHAHA!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME THANKS! Im so happy right now.

hahaha,glad to know now you know next time to be a bit more patient
28th March 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #16  
ias94's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
406 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .iKnowRight.

OMG! I FINALLY DID IT! It turns out you were right bro! I wass too impatient about it thinking im stuck, but it was actually loading the entire time! IM SO STUPID HAHAHAHA!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME THANKS! Im so happy right now.

Happy for you.. Welcome to the world of Flashoholics:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
29th April 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Not able to flash any custom rom!!
I tried flashing many ROMS!! It gets stuck at the SAMSUNG logo. I end up waiting for 30-40 min....yet it dosent show up....im running on DN3 v3.2 ..... plz help...
29th April 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #18  
aaron13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan.p

I tried flashing many ROMS!! It gets stuck at the SAMSUNG logo. I end up waiting for 30-40 min....yet it dosent show up....im running on DN3 v3.2 ..... plz help...

Yes I know that problem. Your system files are corrupted.
Search at sammobile for the latest rom of your country and flash it with odin 3.09.
After that you can root it , flash cwm and majeca backup.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank