Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 40,951 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Possible Solution]Sudden Battery Drop to %

Tip us?

knizmi
Old
Thanks Meter 86
This happenned to me yesterday. 70% -> pluged it into a computer -> 0%
I connected it to a wall charger and waited until it charged to 100%. No big deal, problem solved.

cryptoncore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I don't really class this as a solution. Having to reset your phone as a pain. Lol.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices:

Motorola Moto G (XT1032)
Current Moto G ROM/INFO: Stock XT1032 (4.4.2) unlocked bootloader, root and Xposed Framework

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815)
Current Huawei Ascend G300 ROM/INFO: Cyanogenmod 9, unlocked bootloader (unofficial), rooted, Xposed Framework

deej_roamer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 204
Default IF it is not a software problem, how come motorola can promise a patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padhu1989 View Post
Don't suggest anything if you don't know.. Factory reset won't solve this problem and this issue is not related to any software... I am seeing you suggesting factory reset in some other thread also.. Keep quiet if you don't know..

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
IF it is not a software problem, how come motorola can promise a patch?
I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying you shouldn't ask somebody to keep quite... because you think it is wrong!

I realise the point that factory reset is not a permanent solution and the de-calibration of the sensor can occur even after reseting the phone. I'll change the title to possible solution.

But to also quote KirkStormberg from https://forums.motorola.com/posts/7a...=774000#774000

Quote:
root cause (which we believe is an intermittent error in a sensor measurement)
is defiantly a software problem. And if there is a chance of removal/ temporary denial of problem, then i think you shouldn't discourage people.
specially not from a healthy discussion!

deej_roamer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 204
Default I realised that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michalurban View Post
This is not a solution. Youre just lucky.
I realised that!!
I changed the Title!
but i don't think its wrong in sharing, may be someone else can get lucky too!
The Following User Says Thank You to deej_roamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

padhu1989
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej_roamer View Post
IF it is not a software problem, how come motorola can promise a patch?
I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying you shouldn't ask somebody to keep quite... because you think it is wrong!

I realise the point that factory reset is not a permanent solution and the de-calibration of the sensor can occur even after reseting the phone. I'll change the title to possible solution.

But to also quote KirkStormberg from https://forums.motorola.com/posts/7a...=774000#774000

is defiantly a software problem. And if there is a chance of removal/ temporary denial of problem, then i think you shouldn't discourage people.
specially not from a healthy discussion!
I just meant it's not related to any installed apps... My bad I mentioned it wrongly... I got angry because that guy suggesting a factory reset for every thread and for all the issues... You could see his reply in few threads...

deej_roamer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 204
Default So let him!

Quote:
I just meant it's not related to any installed apps... My bad I mentioned it wrongly... I got angry because that guy suggesting a factory reset for every thread and for all the issues... You could see his reply in few threads...

He won't get many thanks if his suggestion is stupid, and just look at his reply he is not reasoning! why are you loosing your calm!

Peace Bro!

Minervamc
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Don't suggest anything if you don't know.. Factory reset won't solve this problem and this issue is not related to any software... I am seeing you suggesting factory reset in some other thread also.. Keep quiet if you don't know..

I tried give the solution.It is the last way when the other solutions couldn't.But first try to charge the device untill 100%.The battery suddenly drop maybe caused of unperfectly charging/unplugged when the battery under 100%.The next check the USB debugging.Make sure it on.I think All device(my experienced) sometimes have the same problem like this.