[Q] Have the Nexus 7 2013, want the 8.4 for larger screen. Better?

OP acdcking12345

29th April 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

537 posts
So I have the nexus 7 2013 from last July. I have decided I want to go with a larger screen, and the Pro 8.4 is a perfect size jump.

How do the devices compare otherwise? Besides the larger screen, is the performance as good or better than the Nexus 7?

Your guys opinions?
29th April 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 22

89 posts
More
Had the N7. This 8.4 tab is better. Imo in every way.

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320
29th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
I dunno... I have the nexus 7 2013 and the tab pro 8.4. I actually prefer the nexus. The tab pro has some very nice features and a gorgeous screen but it also has a ton of little bugs that annoy the hell out of me. Play Store closing unexpectedly, clock that drifts (no auto-set of date and time). And the only way to root it is to trip the Knox flag. I also find the tab pro 8.4 to feel heavy after a while, and TouchWiz really slows it down. Asphalt 8 on the tab pro 8.4 is kinda choppy. I find myself reaching for the nexus tablet more often, it's just a more pleasant experience.
Last edited by GoremanX; 30th April 2014 at 04:48 AM.
30th April 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

54 posts
More
Tablet
Personally, key word being personally, I would wait for the Nexus 8 because it will be an 8inch tablet and shouldn't be too much longer until it's released. So if you prefer stock android, rooting, an 8 inch tablet (slightly less than the 8,4 inch Pro), and don't mind waiting a little longer you should just hold off and get the Nexus 8. If not than the tab Pro 8.4 isn't a bad choice.

Personally I prefer the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, which I own, because if I'm getting a tablet I want an actual tablet, and one that'll make the features that come with it ideal such as the multitasking, which on a 10.1 inch is perfect (FOR ME the 8.4 made it a little too condensed and crammed). But if you think the 8.4 is the perfect size for you, and if you're actually going to benefit/make use of the features which come with it instead of rooting it and making it stock android, than yes get it because the Galaxy Tab Pro line is really nice!

Hope this helps!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread