Ask a question

No registration required

Need some help

OP Athan621

30th April 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Ok so my phone has been rooted for a few months now and ive used custom roms with no problems, I was recently going to update my Negalite rom but I wound up downloading the wrong rom it was negalite for a different phone. Anyway that is now the only rom on my phone I have already cleaned everything and realized after that it was the wrong rom. Now my phone doesn't boot up I can get to download mode no problem anything else doesn't really work, ive tried flashing the stock tar with odin but keep getting a failed message.

Anything I can do or did my stupid mistake screw me completely?

Edit: Cant even get into recovery mode
Last edited by Athan621; 30th April 2014 at 02:22 AM.
30th April 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

41 posts
When I got my Sprint S4, I thought I was cool since this was my second Android phone and I had experience with custom ROMs and rooting on my old phone. So, I got cocky and in a hurry and managed to flash a T-Mobile ROM on the phone. I had a small heart attack when the T-Mobile logo appeared during boot. Anyway, using ODIN, I was able to quickly get the stock Sprint setup back on the phone and start over. You should be able to do the same thing. If you don't care about Knox and want the latest, just try this thread, and you should be all fixed up pretty quickly:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663619

If you're worried about keeping an older bootloader things will be more complicated.
The Following User Says Thank You to nobody291 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody291

When I got my Sprint S4, I thought I was cool since this was my second Android phone and I had experience with custom ROMs and rooting on my old phone. So, I got cocky and in a hurry and managed to flash a T-Mobile ROM on the phone. I had a small heart attack when the T-Mobile logo appeared during boot. Anyway, using ODIN, I was able to quickly get the stock Sprint setup back on the phone and start over. You should be able to do the same thing. If you don't care about Knox and want the latest, just try this thread, and you should be all fixed up pretty quickly:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663619

If you're worried about keeping an older bootloader things will be more complicated.

At this point I just want my phone back lol, im almost done downloading that file from that thread im praying it works but if its the same tar file I already tried it prolly wont. If I get fixed I wont mess with custom roms cause ill prolly be updating my phone soon.
30th April 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,751

8,477 posts
More
Sounds like you odined an old tar from either 4.3 or 4.2.2. Do you know what stock ROM or boot loader you were on before flashing the wrong rom?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Sounds like you odined an old tar from either 4.3 or 4.2.2. Do you know what stock ROM or boot loader you were on before flashing the wrong rom?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Im sorry im kinda of a noob with this, before I flashed the rom I was using Negalite before that I was on 4.4.2 and boot loader is the recovery right? I was using phillz

EDIT: ya know what the one from that link seems to be working so far, I think ive got it...will update in a few if it works

Second Edit: OK it successfully booted up, im good. im assuming its different flashing roms now right? If so im staying away from it
Last edited by Athan621; 30th April 2014 at 03:07 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread