Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 50,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Recovery? PLEASE!!!

Tip us?
 
mcdonsco
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2008
Default Stock Recovery? PLEASE!!!

Anyone know how to get stock recovery BACK on the Verizon HTC One M8?

Please!?!?!?!
 
richii0207
Old
#2  
richii0207's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 435
Posts: 1,123
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonsco View Post
Anyone know how to get stock recovery BACK on the Verizon HTC One M8?

Please!?!?!?!
Same way you installed the custom recovery. Instead, use the stock image

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
 
mcdonsco
Old
(Last edited by mcdonsco; 30th April 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by richii0207 View Post
Same way you installed the custom recovery. Instead, use the stock image

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
And where would one get that? I've searched high and low here and googling, cannot find a stock recovery image.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 
orangekid
Old
#4  
orangekid's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3005
Posts: 10,056
Join Date: Apr 2009
Moved to Q&A
 
robocuff
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 269
Join Date: Jul 2011
You can download it here.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=13966
 
mcdonsco
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff View Post

Okay...I flashed back to stock recovery, BUT device still shows "Unlocked" when I go into the bootloader to get to recovery...

Anyway to get that back to "locked" (or otherwise? I seem to recall before unlocking it the phone went straight to recovery and didn't go to the bootloader first; maybe I'm wrong?)

Thanks!
 
zacwilliam
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonsco View Post
Okay...I flashed back to stock recovery, BUT device still shows "Unlocked" when I go into the bootloader to get to recovery...

Anyway to get that back to "locked" (or otherwise? I seem to recall before unlocking it the phone went straight to recovery and didn't go to the bootloader first; maybe I'm wrong?)

Thanks!
How did you unlock it? Using HTCdev?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more