Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T next return

Tip us?

rumdada
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] AT&T next return

Ok I purchased this on AT&T next and my texts are constantly butchered and split in two separate messages with the second part first my messages send and receive like this...... As I text a lot this is cumbersome and annoying and not acceptable from a device that cost this much.

At any rate could I return this phone to att and just go back to my iPhone or did I mess up and have to buy a phone now regardless

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bgeorger
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumdada View Post
Ok I purchased this on AT&T next and my texts are constantly butchered and split in two separate messages with the second part first my messages send and receive like this...... As I text a lot this is cumbersome and annoying and not acceptable from a device that cost this much.

At any rate could I return this phone to att and just go back to my iPhone or did I mess up and have to buy a phone now regardless

You can return it as long as you are within 2 weeks, but you will get charged a $35 restocking fee. Can I suggest using Hangouts or another Messaging App instead of the stock one?

rumdada
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I tried using the stock textra go sms all the same.....

rumdada
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Would they just take the restocking fee from the tax I paid for the unit?

Vandam500
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumdada View Post
Would they just take the restocking fee from the tax I paid for the unit?

Yes, they would. If you flat out return it then you'll get back something between $10-$15 back.

What other troubleshooting have you done? Have you tried to increase the maximum size of messages in the settings? Have you tried to factory default the phone?
Current Phone: One M8

Previous Phones: Nexus One | Evo 4G | G2 | Nexus S | Sensation 4G | Epic 4G Touch | Note 2 | Note 3
Follow me on Twitter: @sk1pzter

twiggums
Old
Thanks Meter 45
You need a texting app that offers threaded text messages, I believe that's what the function is called.

jjbusa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Did you turn off the imessage on the iPhone first before removing the Sim and sending a few txt I had to do that for my wife when she left iPhone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda premium